Precious

Yunho walked through the hallways, peering into the window of every door he passed. He was in the ballet and contemporary building but he still couldn't find San in any of the rooms. His heart ached as he remembered all of the things Jongho had told them. How wrong they had been about San and all of his friends. How cruel they all had been.

He sighed, running his hands through his hair. Yunho liked to think that he was an honest person, that he was open to all sorts of people. But clearly he wasn't. The friendliness that he prided himself in having wasn't real. How could he be so blinded by rumors and San's stupidly pretty face that he has been so horrible?

He peeked in another window and let out a breath when he noticed the room was filled with people. The longer he looked it appeared that it was mostly ballet boys. They were leaping around, higher than Yunho had seen anyone ever jump. It was... fascinating. They almost didn't seem real. And then Yunho spotted San, in the middle of the room doing turns. He was wearing these small athletic shorts and his legs were crazy muscular as he spun and spun. Yunho was entranced.

But then he spotted Jongho sitting against the wall, Yeosang seated between his legs, and he knew he needed to remember why he was there. He needed to apologize to San for everything he had said. Not just because they were partners for a project, but because he had clearly hurt the boy's feelings. He needed San to know that he was wrong, about everything.

He opened the door slowly and most of the people kept dancing. They were flying through the air and once they landed they were just... laughing. This wasn't even them at 100 percent! They were playing around and they were doing things Yunho would never be capable of doing. San ended his turns and he was facing Yunho directly. San's eyes were red-rimmed and wide like a deer when he made eye contact with Yunho. Yunho could feel his chest tighten at the sight. He had done that. He was the reason San had cried, the reason he wasn't smiling like the rest of his friends. Yunho had done this to him.

He made his way to San and hated the way San seemed to get smaller the closer he got to him. It was like he was shrinking in on himself. As if he was trying not to be seen. Trying not to be... yelled at. God, Yunho was the worst person to ever exist. He stood in front of San, who kept his eyes trained on the ground.

"Hey San, could I talk to you outside?"

San looked up at Yunho and nodded just the slightest bit. Yunho mentally sighed he had a chance! He led San out of the room and tried to ignore the stares he was receiving from Jongho and Yeosang. They knew what he had done wrong. Hopefully, they could tell he was trying to fix it.

Once they were out in the hallway, Yunho's words caught in his throat. San was looking up at him, eyes still wide as he waited for Yunho to speak. It seemed like it was taking too long for San because he was the one who spoke first.

"I'm sorry for what I—"

Yunho couldn't believe his ears. San was apologizing. Nothing San had done had warranted an apology. Yunho was the only one who should be apologizing. He grabbed San's hand, wincing as San flinched.

"No no no, you have nothing to apologize for! If anyone should be sorry for anything, it's me. I am so sorry for the things I said to you. I was out of line, and I'm so sorry."

San looked up at him with wide, confused eyes, head tilted to the side.

"I was so stupid. I believed rumors about you and it twisted my mind against you, and I am so sorry. I hope that you can forgive me."

San squeezed his hand, "It's okay, I know that... I know what people say about me. That I'm mean or whatever. But I'm not, I promise."

"I know, I know I'm so sorry. If they met you they would know. I only spent two hours with you and you were so nice until I ruined it."

"It's okay."

They looked at each other in silence. Yunho couldn't believe that San was being so forgiving, so kind. Yunho had made San cry, torn him down. No human being on Earth could be that forgiving. San wasn't an Ice Prince, he was more of an Angel Prince.

"Do you want to work on our dance more?"

San nodded, his face flushed a light pink. Yunho looked over to see Seonghwa staring at him from the window of the dance room. His face was serious and his eyes held the intensity of the most protective parent. With what Jongho told him, it all made sense. He didn't just need to make it up to San, he needed to prove that he was sorry to San's friends. He had insulted them too. He had hurt their friend. He needed to make that better. Yunho led him by the hand down the hallway.

"You know, I saw you dancing in their earlier and you guys were doing some crazy stuff, it was really impressive," Yunho said.

"Thanks, but that was nothing, we were just playing around, you know?"

"If that was just playing around, I have my work cut out for me in this dance."

"We'll figure it out. I'm scared of all the stuff you guys do in hip hop, it's so loose but hard at the same time, and I'm so used to structure and technique, I don't think I'd be very good at it." San hung his head as he spoke.

Yunho almost groaned, of course, San had only been afraid of hip hop, not saying that Yunho would be bad at ballet. Which, Yunho probably would be bad at, honestly. Yunho really needed to learn to let other people speak.

"Well, we can learn from each other, can't we?"

San nodded as they entered the dance room, and they both started stretching. While they stretched, San turned on the playlist of their last few songs they were picking from. Yunho swayed along to the beat and rhythms of a classical song. It had moments of soft, tinkling flutes but also heavy percussion that thrummed through his body. It was a song of opposites, and Yunho found himself liking it more and more.

"What do you think of this one San? It could give each of our styles a moment to shine, but also give us a chance to try something new."

San looked up from his stretch and tilted his head to the side, listening. He closed his eyes and bopped his head along with the music. Yunho could only watch as San got lost in the music.

"I like it, I like it a lot."

Yunho grinned as San stood and started moving his body to the rhythm. Limbs flowing naturally to the softer parts of the music, already choreographing his moves. Yunho stood and followed his lead, letting the music guide his body. He could fix his mess yet.