Light

A week after the meeting in the auditorium and Yunho is standing outside of a dance practice room with his hands clenched tightly around the strap of his bag. He, Jongho, and Mingi had done their performance three days ago, and while their grade wasn't out yet, but he was sure they had done well. He was confident.

This though, this was something he wasn't so confident about. Two days ago, Choi San had texted him (Yunho immediately saved his name as "Ice Prince"), asking him when they should meet up to work on their project. It was a short message, but it filled Yunho with dread. He tried not to let it, tried to remember Chan's words, but he still felt his dislike for San deep in his bones. There was no way this project was going to end well.

But they had decided to get together to work on it, which was why Yunho was just standing outside the door. He couldn't bring himself to go inside. He peered through the window of the door to see if San was already there. He was. Yunho pulled his head from the window, hoping San hadn't seen him. The other boy was sitting on the floor, doing what Yunho thought was stretching.

His phone buzzed, and he looked down to see a text from Haknyeon.

Im meeting with hyunjoon omg im so nervos. Good luck with the ice prince bro!

Oh, right. He'd already told his friends that he was meeting with San today. If he chickened out and didn't go they'd never let him live it down. He sighed and squared his shoulders. Chan's words ran through his head, so he put a smile on his face as he opened the door.

San's head snapped to him as soon as the door creaked open. Their eyes met and San's cheeks turned a light pink. Yunho didn't understand why they did that. Was he angry? Embarrassed? All he did was walk in and smile at him. That didn't even warrant any kind of reaction.

"Hi," Yunho said, taking a seat in front of San, "How do you want to do this?"

San sat up, hiding his hands in the sleeves of his sweater, "I thought we could start by listening to some music and picking a song? That would probably help us decide how we want to mix our styles. Does that sound okay?"

San's voice was softer than Yunho had been anticipating, and Yunho realized it was the first time he had ever heard San speak. He had been expecting something sharper, stronger. San sounded... nervous almost. Yunho just nodded instead of dwelling on it further. San played music on his phone and the two sat listening quietly, vetoing songs and making a shortlist of songs they liked to choose from.

They had sat there for nearly two hours and Yunho couldn't believe how well it was going. So far, San wasn't arrogant or haughty, instead he just seemed... shy. He would make suggestions with a soft voice, nodding along when Yunho would make his own. Maybe Chan was right. Maybe San was misunderstood. Maybe none of the rumors about him were true.

Yunho looked at the list they had come up with, and all the songs were very different. They were stuck on what song to pick. It would probably help if they had some sort of concept in mind, or what style they were going to pick.

"Do you have an idea of what style we should dance in?" Yunho asked.

San hummed, "I was thinking we should probably do a fusion between our two styles, or even a new style, like contemporary, rather than doing specific moves from each of our styles. I know that ballet is very technical so–"

And there it was. The arrogance, the absolute haughtiness of the Ice Prince. He thought he was so much better than everyone because he did ballet. Well, fuck that!

"Oh please! You think you're so good but you're not, San. what do boys even do in ballet, huh? All you do is just stand there while the girls do all the work. You couldn't do hip hop if you tried! This is why nobody likes you!"