Desire

San is wearing sweatpants when Yunho gets to the dance practice room in the morning, and Yunho is both sad and happy at the same time. He loved the shorts but they were dangerous to his health, especially if they were going to be working on the lift today. That's what San had said the plan was anyways. They had been meeting up every day for two weeks and their performance was only a week away. The only thing they had left to figure out, was the lift.

San stood up and grabbed him by the hand, "Come in, come in, start stretching. I want to work on this as soon as we can, it's gonna take a while to get it right. The first time Yeri and I tried a lift, it took us two weeks to get it perfect, and we don't have nearly that much time."

Yunho winced at the thought of spending two weeks on one skill but figured that lifting someone above your head deserved that much attention. He stretched as fast as he could but made sure that he was actually stretched. He didn't want to hurt himself or San just because he was anxious to begin. When he was ready, he stood in front of San.

"Alright, how do we do this."

"First, you should know how much I weigh. Lift me."

San said it with so much confidence but Yunho was frozen. They weren't going to be going immediately into the lift, right?"

"L-lift you?"

"Yeah, pick me up, however you need to, just so you can get a feel of how much I weigh."

Yunho let out a breath but it caught again as he realized what he was about to do. His heart raced. He was about to pick up San. Sure, they had touched during their dance, and held hands before, but there was something much more intimate about holding someone. Yunho wasn't sure if he was ready for it.

"Ready?" San asked.

Yunho gulped, "Yep."

Yunho reached forward and held San by the waist, hoisting him up so that San's legs were wrapped around his waist, and Yunho's hands were under his thighs. They stared into each other's eyes as their noses nearly touched.

"Oh." San whispered, cheeks flushing pink.

Yunho could feel his face flushing too. San was incredibly light, and it felt natural to hold him in his arms. Yunho felt like he could hold him like that all day, and San would never get heavy. He set San down though, the way a mother lays her baby down to sleep, his feet touching the floor with the lightest of taps.

"I uh," Yunho said, "I'll definitely be able to hold you above my head. You're really light."

San rubbed the back of his neck, "Thanks Yunho. Are you uh, ready to start trying the lift?"

Yunho cracked his knuckles, "Ready as I'll ever be."

"Good, now try not to drop me, that would really suck."

Yunho paled. He had forgotten that he could potentially drop San at some point during the day. That would be the worst thing ever. Dropping San would probably kill Yunho, if not the boy himself. His body began to shake.

"Why did you... why did you say that? Oh my god San, what if I drop you?" Yunho's voice squeaked in a way that it hadn't in so long.

San stepped forward, his eyebrows creased together, and reached up to cup Yunho's face in his hands, "Hey, it's gonna be fine. You're not gonna drop me. I trust you. You're gonna lift me up there, it's gonna look beautiful, and then you'll set me down, safe and sound. Right? Cause I know that's what's gonna happen."

San was looking into Yunho's eyes with such sincerity that he couldn't help but believe him. It was going to be fine. Because San knew what he was doing, and San trusted him. Yunho grinned at the thought. San trusted him! Power returned to his limbs and he took San's hand in his own.