𝐎𝐍𝐄

-☆-

the sun began to set, enveloping the town in a warm golden hue

the sun began to set, enveloping the town in a warm golden hue. the warm breeze and the sound of birds chirping gave the evening an even more comforting feeling, like it was something straight out of a movie. a certain someone watched as people walked by happily while she listened to the desperate person on the other end of the phone she was currently talking on. "i've told you already! i don't want you back! and don't even think about contacting me again!" the girl yelled into phone right before hanging up on her ex and their pathetic attempt to get her back.

the small... well, average height girl, as she had convinced herself (everyone else was just freakishly tall... right?) she let  her arm fall to her side and flopped down on the ground, leaning her back against the ledge of the roof she was currently standing on. she pulled her knees towards her chest, tightly closed her eyes, and yelled into her hands.

she opened her eyes again, and looked up at the sky, which was now much darker than before. she let out a long sigh that she wasn't aware she was even holding in and got up from the ground.

the girl walked around the roof for a few minutes before deciding on a place on the ledge to sit that was perfect for people watching. she placed her phone down beside her, but she somehow missed the ledge completely and let go of her phone midair. she gasped, "oh fuck!" and reached out in a sad attempt at catching the falling object. she watched helplessly as her phone seemed to fall in slow-motion.

shortly after the phone disappeared from view, she heard a voice from down below yell, "what the hell?" she cautiously leaned over the edge in search of the owner of the annoyed voice she had just heard. below her was a blonde man with... bright red wings... who was rubbing his head and... the girls phone in his hand? he looked rather familiar to her but she couldn't quite place where she had seen him though, she didn't really bother keeping up with any of the latest news.

"oh shit!" she laughed to herself, apparently it was a bit too loud though because the blonde man had looked up at her.

the man looked at the phone in his hand and then looked back at the girl, "could this possibly be yours?" he asked with a smirk as he used his pretty red wings to slowly make his way up to the rooftop where she was sitting.

"well uhm... maybe..?" she embarrassingly mumbled.

"you know, it's not very nice to throw things at people." he said sarcastically as he landed on the ledge of the rooftop and handed the phone to the girl.

"well maybe you were just in my way," she retorted with a small smile pulling at the edges of her mouth. the winged man chuckled at her response and it finally clicked.

this was the one and only, hawks..

-☆-

word count : 511