𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

-★-

the girl stepped onto her small balcony and took a long drag of her cigarette, it was one of her terrible habits

the girl stepped onto her small balcony and took a long drag of her cigarette, it was one of her terrible habits. it was still raining just as heavily as it had been yesterday and the sun had began to set, and it had started to get a bit colder.

the girl's apartment was on a hill, and even though it wasn't that high up, it overlooked the entirety of her small town which was primarily built on either the ocean, or the mountain overlooking it.

to no surprise, no one was outside, aside from two girls trying to hide under their newspapers and desperately trying to unlock their door before they became completely soaked by the rain. the couple finally got in the door and now nobody was outside anymore, and it was a perfect time for a walk. the girl slipped on a light yellow hoodie, she didn't need a jacket since she didn't really mind getting wet, and walked out of her cozy apartment.

as soon as she got outside, she was greeted by a gust of wind blowing around her shoulder length two-tone hair. she took a deep breath of the sea air, and began to walk through the sleepy town that she called home. she slipped her hands into her pockets and looked up at the sky. the cold rain fell onto her warm skin, causing a shiver to fly down her spine with surprise.

as she walked further, her clothing got more soaked through, and her face and hands got numb from the cold, she admired how beautiful the town looked in the rain. the willow trees swayed in the wind, she kicked at the water that was slowly pooling in the dips of the road. everything shimmered in the rain, it was beautiful. times like these were the only ones where she felt like she was truly happy and at peace for once.

she hummed a soft tune as she reached the beach and began to walk along the sand. waves peacefully lapped at the shore and gently touched her shoes. she sat down on the sand, not caring that she would get wet, and looked out at the ocean. suddenly, her breath hitched as she felt a pair of unfamiliar hands cover her eyes.

"guess who!"

-★-

word count : 388