𝐓𝐖𝐎

-★-

the blonde man- or hawks, as i should say, stood on the ledge, towering over the small girl before him with a snarky look on her face

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

the blonde man- or hawks, as i should say, stood on the ledge, towering over the small girl before him with a snarky look on her face. he laughed at her comment, "well sorry i guess," he pouted. he then took a step back and slipped of the roof's ledge gracefully and flew back up again. "ya know, that really hurt." he whined sarcastically.

the girl rolled her eyes at the blonde and shoved her phone into the pocket in her jeans. hawks did a loop in the air before landing back on the ledge, "jesus! we get it... you can fly.." she said in a mocking tone.

he plopped down next to the girl. he put both elbows on his knees and rested his head in his hands, "why're you so mean to me?" he mumbled with his bottom lip jutted out.

the girl ran a hand through her two tone hair and ignored the question, "anyways... what the hell were you doing down there?" she asked while pointing to the spot where he almost died. "pro hero dies from phone falling on their head". how lame would that be?

"oh.. you know, uhh.. patrols..." he answered. "didn't hear you yelling about don't even think about contacting me again..." hawks said innocently.

"oh my god!" she yelled, and gave him a playful shove. she could feel face almost immediately turn red, she barely knew him and she was already joking around like they were old friends? she looked out at the city in an attempt to avoid further embarrassment. it had gotten quite a bit darker out than when the two had just met. there weren't many people out anymore and the city didn't have the same comforting feeling anymore. instead, it felt more open and free. it's amazing how things can change so drastically in such a short period of time.

"um.. so.. what brings you to this part of the city..?" she asked hawks in a poor attempt at changing the atmosphere to a less awkward one.

"just regular hero duties." he said.

"so talking to random people is a part of your job?" she asked, though she was actually serious, it came off in a mocking tone.

"possibly."

the girl groaned in annoyance.

the blonde stood up and stretched, he then flapped his giant red wings a few times.

"where're you going?" the girl asked, a bit of worry in her voice.

"away from you." hawks sighed.

"wow. and you said i was the mean one?" she pouted, and crossed her arms across her chest.

"never caught your name by the way." he added.

"maybe you should come back again and find out." the girl grinned.

"it's a date." hawks confirmed, he saluted the girl, stepped of the ledge, and began to fly away. she watched as the tall red winged man flew until all she could see was a small dot.

-★-

word count : 489