BLACK LIVES MATTER

hello. i feel personally responsible for reminding you all that BLACK LIVES FUCKING MATTER, and if you think otherwise please unfollow and block me. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. 

YOU CANNOT BE A MEMBER OF THE LGBT COMMUNITY WITHOUT FIRMLY BELIEVING THAT BLACK LIVES MATTER.

i must stress that police brutality in all forms and in all countries must be CONDEMNED. we cannot stand away from the oppressed anymore. we cannot turn away. instead, we STAND WITH THEM and we LISTEN TO THEM.

IT'S ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA—AS IT SHOULD BE!

ENGAGE WITH IT! SIGN PETITIONS! MAKE SURE YOUR FRIENDS/FAMILY GOING OUT TO PROTEST ARE SAFE! SPREAD CORRECT INFORMATION! STAND IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE OPPRESSED!

i felt responsible as someone with... some sort of platform to say this.

BLACK

LIVES

FUCKING

MATTER.

ALL LIVES MATTER WHEN BLACK LIVES MATTER.

and because this it's pride month, and this book is a story abt LGBT kids forming friendships and falling in love—WE MUST NOT FORGET THE RIOTS OF STONEWALL! IT WAS BLACK LGBT FOLK WHO FOUGHT FOR THE RIGHTS WE HAVE TO LIVE, LOVE, AND EXIST TODAY!

WE MUST NOT FORGET OUR HISTORY AS MEMBERS OF THE LGBT COMMUNITY! 

ive added a link of a twitter thread where you can find petitions to sign. and, if you are still uneducated about the riots and protests erupting against police bruality, THEN EDUCATE YOURSELF. that's in the thread, too. CHECK THAT OUT. CLICK THE EXTERNAL LINK OPTION.

that is all. i'll be updating today in honor of pride month.

BUT SIGN THE PETITIONS!

BE A GOOD ALLY!

- yana