Chapter 10

AN: hello, loves!! as usual, please do not be ghost readers <333

Shade and Art sat on their respective beds in silence.

Shade wore loose shorts and a black sleeveless shirt. Art was in the biggest shirt they had and even looser shorts. They read through all the retreat letters they've received, he did the same, and once in a while one of them would laugh or cuss.

There was nothing but the sounds of papers being flipped, the whirring electric-fan, and the steady, light snoring of Chase.

Art felt warm from the inside and out. All the letters they've received—a beautiful total of eight!—were simple-worded and light-hearted. Chase had the shortest and most direct:

Dear Doza,

Happy retreat!

I'm really happy we're bros :D  Our friendship means a lot to me. I've never met anyone as fun and outgoing as you are. U can match my energy rly well and i appreciate u for that. For our pancit canton dates (kahit na alam kong ayaw mo sa pancit canton hehe), our random galas, and our cheat codes. ((For our pancit canton dates (even though you hate pancit canton hehe), our random night outs, and our cheat codes.))

This retreat, I hope u find the time to work on yourself:D Wag ka na magalit at magtampo bebelab ;) Bad 'yan for ur health. (("Don't be so angry and dont be so mean bebelove ;) That's bad for ur health.")) HAHAHAHHAHA ayon I wish u the best, I'm always here for you, and thank u for ur endless support.

I hope I get to know u more as the days go by. Hehe stay true to yourself! Sobrang tapang mong bakla kaand you've got more balls than most of the boys I know. (("I know you're gay and stuff—but you've got more balls than most of the boys I know."))

I love u!

Your broski,

Chase Angelito

Art grinned to themself and set Chase's letter down. They've already read Ate Kay's, Kuya Caloy's, Ate George's, Jennie's, April's, and James', surprisingly. There was only one letter left.

Art glanced at Shade.

Did he write them a palanca?

Really?

Shade was still halfway through all of his retreat letters. Art guessed that being the school crush had its pains and its blessings, and tonight it was amusing to see him scrunch his nose or roll his eyes as he read through one of the glittery, over-designed ones.

"Listen to this," he said, "Kuya Shade, mahal na mahal kita. Matagal na. Since twenty-seventeen pa, Kuya. Huhuhu I'm sorry po if this is weird." (("Kuya Shade, I love you so much. I've loved you for a while now. Since twenty-seventeen. Huhuhu I'm sorry if this is weird."))

Art hugged their pillow to his chest. "Gago kaaaa," they whined, "don't make fun of her!"

"Kawawa siya." (("I feel bad for her."))

"How old is she?"

"She's in eighth grade."

"Putangina, let her down gently."

Shade rolled his eyes. He gestured to the pile on his right. "I'll let them all down gently."

Art grinned. "Bakit, Shade? Hindi mo type? Or may jowa ka na?" (("Why, Shade? She isn't your type? Or do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend already?"))