Chapter I~The Uncovering

I literally couldn't sleep last night with all the uproar coming from a night club next door. I really don't know how the government allowed them to build a night club in the middle of such a peaceful neighborhood. Ha who am I kidding, Shallow Avenue is about the loudest, most ruthless, and most bloodcurdling neighborhood that anyone could ever live in. Besides the cool parties that the deceitful teens throw which I'm not allowed to go to but still go to when my mum knocks herself out with a bottle of American Honey on our couch.

I have a lot to do today, my sisters in-laws-to-be are coming to visit us for the first time to talk about the wedding arrangements, yet here I am, still lying on my bed doing zilch but eavesdropping to the thoughts in my head.

I just got up from my bed observing my and how I left it when I catnapped last night. My washed out purple walls to the tap in my bathroom that constantly drips to the sound of my annoyance. I carefully tiptoe to my wardrobe after having a long tiring shower to change into one of my finest outfits. It's nothing much just an old sweatshirt with some mom-jeans that I wear literally all the time. It was a gift from my dad on my last birthday, btw I'm 16.

You would assume that as a child I grew up shopping for clothes and other worthless stuff with my mum. I didn't. My mum spent most of her time as a nurse getting half of what a doctor earns for doing all the work. This may sound cheesy but she never even came for any of my ballet recitals, or tuck me in at night before bed, or even make any of those tacky songs mums make for they're kids for no reason. And they wonder why I don't involve myself in anything.
As I walk towards my room door I stop at my mirror and decide to comb my hair. Coming from a Jamaican family my hair isn't really that obedient so I just got to do what I can to keep my Jet Black hair from becoming an immense savannah. After dusting hair off my caramel colored body at last I think I'm set to leave my room.

The minute I opened my door I felt the daylight pushing me back into my Dark Chambers. Walking through the corridors I can hear my kid brother impersonating Spiderman. He's twelve years old but he still acts like a tot. Passing his infantile bedroom I approach the dragons den. Yeah that room that gives you chills once it opens. My blood gets cold as to what I might open the door to. The Red coloured door doesn't help matters either, it's like you're walking into hell!

I had almost opened the door when someone beat me to it...

"Hey kiddo, how's it going sweetheart?" Immediately I see my dad's big brown eyes that I inherited.

"Why'd you always beat me to the door? I mean you're the one inside!"

"Let's just say your pops knows when his cool daughter comes around."

My dad has a way of knowing what I'm gonna do before I even think of doing it. I feel like we have a connection that when separated will cause a fatality. I mean the world would literally come to an end. I would end anyone who comes in between us...

"So how was the party yesterday, de party tun up?" My dad says still thinking that he's in Jamaica when clearly we are in America.

"No, 'cause I didn't have the muscle to start sneaking out, seeing as you guys would've never caught me!" I reply with pride.

"You know your good use of words makes it hard for me to get heated with you!"

"Well I'm not being forced to go to school for nothing. Any way don't mess with me or imma terminate you with my mouth!" I froze as my disrespectful smack talk made him humourless...

"Jeez! Have mercy on this yardman. Your mum always says you got your big mouth from me." He says as he plays with my hair.

I like when he's around, I always feel safe. Whenever he goes on a business trip is expedition I feel as if I've lost something. Like a part of me has disappeared. Inside of my body feel hollow. Whenever this happens I get really sick that even the doctors can't help me.