Chapter VIII~ The Guardian

So now we have begun our journey to the heart of Rezona, to meet the king! I would have never imagined that I, a sixteen year old, that has not even figured out her own life yet, would ever be related to anything magical. You know my dad should've told me about all this, instead he kept his life a secret. He kept my life a secret. Ugh.
Anyway, that shouldn't stop me now, I have to focus on finding Rhea and meeting this so called king. I wonder how he'll look? Will he look like Camyl?

I look over at Camyl and I can see he's getting pushed around by the group. They all keep asking him wierd and annoying questions about where he's from and I don't think he's enjoying it.

"Do you lose your temper much?"
"Why are you so tall?"
"How come your eyes turned yellow earlier?!"
"Are you related to the king?"
"How did you find us earlier?"
"Are you always this confused?!"

I immediately step in to stop the charade.

"Hey you guys! Could you leave him alone just for a little while!?" I barge in stopping their questions.

They all casually stop interrogating him and continue with they're walk.

"Why, do you always talk like that!? Like you're the boss of everyone!?" Alix says walking towards me. Where did this even come from!

"I'm not the boss of everyone! Seriously I wouldn't want to be, at all, but can't you see how annoyed Camyl is?!"

She looks at Camyl that is now standing behind me frightened of what'll happen next.

"I don't know what charm you put on him, but all I know is that you should stop talking like an idiot!"

"Of course I talk like an idiot, how else would you understand me?!" I reply to her.
My comeback must have been really good because the guys can't stop laughing and Alix hasn't opened her mouth ever since.

Finally some peace around here!

~

~Camyl's p.o.v~

Jeez! Is this how humans from earth are?! They are all so mean and feisty! Alix really needs to cool off because any magical person she may piss off, could bewitch her.

And why are they so small?! I mean, my neck hurts from looking down too much! I think it makes them really gullible. I mean if they came across a even the littlest fire pixie, I'm sure even they could finish them off! Or maybe it's just because I'm used to my kind, the Eltars.

The Eltars, is a tribe in Rezona consisting of the descendants of the Elves and the Avatars. We are really rare due to the fact that it was forbidden for villagers from two different tribes to get married. But look where we are now!

Walking with the guys has made me notice Makayla's wounds. They appear to have started from her hands, but she seems to want no-one to know because she forever buries them in her pockets. If I don't take her to the king fast things could get really bad.
As much as I am concerned about taking her to the king, I really dont want her to leave. She's the only one amongst them that I really do like.

Her roughly straight hair is black with traces of blue at the tips. I can see that she's not completely what you would call 'american'. Her hazel skin is forever glowing in the sun, and don't even get me started on her brown diamond eyes.

It's nice see another female around here. The other female Eltars are all too, what you would call forward? And almost all of them look too manly to be called women! But Makayla, no she's none of that! Her body is round and petit, even though she's the tallest girl amongst her friends.