Whipped

Max was sitting alone at the lounge inside the pub nursing his drink when Joss came.

'Hey dude...'  Joss said, taking a seat across the table from Max.

'You're late...'

'Got an errand to do. Where's your boy?'

'Over there...having the time of his life...' Max smiled.

Two pairs of eyes darted towards a few guys at the pool table a few meters away from them.

'What's the occasion anyway? It's not his birthday...' Joss looked at Max.

'He just wanted to let loose after exam...who am I to deny that?' He chuckled.

'I still can't believe the two of you actually get together...I really thought you hated him...'

*FLASHBACK*

'I HATE YOU! YOU'RE THE WORST SENIOR EVER!'

Max still can hear Nat's trembling voice shouting those words at him. He silently cursed himself for being a stupid asshole towards the boy.

'Regretting your actions I assume?' Mark said, sitting next to Max.

'He really hates me huh?'

'Pretty much...I just hope Zee won't kill you when he found out you made his son cried...' Mark patted Max's back.

'I'm such a douche...' Max sighed, seriously regretting his action.

'I don't understand you dude...you liked that kid...but why go the extra mile teasing him like that?' Mark asked, looking at his friend.

'I dunno...I guess that's the only way I could think of to get his attention...' Max's head hung low as he's trying to find way to fix this fiasco.

'You really messed up this time dude...'

Max can only wished he could turn back time. He wished that he could just undo his actions and talked to the boy like a civilised person.

'Here comes daddy...' Mark whispered.

Max looked up and saw Zee marching towards him...and he looked angry.

'You better have good explaination why Nat came to me crying his eyes out Max!' Zee glared.

'Hey man...'

'Don't hey man me...what did you do to Nat?  I swear if you hurt him in any way, I will make you regret living.'

'I...uh...kinda...trapped him up in the locker...'

Before Max could finish, Zee's fist landed on his cheek. Guess he deserved that.

'You stupid son of a bitch!' Zee spat. 'That kid is claustrophobic damn it!'

'I didn't know! I thought he was just faking it.'

'Why am I even friends with you? You're lucky I didn't report this to the dean...or your ass is done!'

'I don't care...just report it for all I care...maybe I could be less guilty for my wrongdoings...'

'I was about to but Nat stopped me...'

'He...he did?' Max couldn't believe it. 'But...but...why?'

'Why? Because he liked you...you big moron! He didn't want you to get into trouble with the faculty or you might lose your position in the football team!'

*Hold on...Nat liked me??* Max kept repeating those words inside his head.

'Did I heard that right? Nat liked me?' Max's eyes widened.