[Arc 1]Chapter 3

Hephaestus' POV

It's been a whole week since Phaes came to the familia. He at first seemed eager with smithing work, however he seemed downcasted when I didn't let him. The conversation went like this:

"Hephaestus.", Phaes called out.

"Mhm? What?", I inquired.

"Teach me how to smith.", he asked, to this I laughed and replied with:

"Once you've actually wielded a blade, I'll let you.", I laughed off his enthusiasm, or at least I thought so.

"Hephaestus.", he once again called out.

"What's wrong, Phaes.", I once again inquired, already knowing what he wanted.

"Lend me a sword, please.", he asked politely.

At the time, I just smiled and just threw him a random rusty sword. However, I didn't expect him to grasp how to properly wield a sword so easily. It was less than a day later that he started swinging the sword like a prodigy. Oh wait, he does have the [Swords Prodigy] [Developmental Skill], so I guess he really is a prodigy.

I bet a million valis that if Ais was his age then she would definitely lose in terms of swordsmanship, and she was in the [Loki Familia] since she was 7.

On his fourth day in the familia, he started to practise magic. The magic spell was called [Lightning Clad], I think. It's an intriguing spell, considering that there is no attribute attached towards it. What's even more intriguing, is that the spell can even enchant something temporarily or can be thrown directly.

I did scold him for accidently destroying the beer barrels though. He had a never-before-seen depressed downcasted look than before, which made him look kinda cute. I guess.

Then on his fifth day in the familia, I saw that he became friends with Stacia, Lara and even that stubborn Welf. Welf decided to become friends immediately when he realised that Phaes didn't even know what a magic sword was. That Welf... He's going to need to fix his complex about magic swords one day. It's not his fault, that lots of elves were killed because of the users.

He even taught them new tricks, that even I've never known about, like that plating of armor, or that preparation of ingredients. Usually we just make things with what we have, and it improves based on the skill level. However, Phaes' way of doing things focuses more on technical and skill level, rather than the material's base use. After all, with his smithing way, even a rusty sword can become high class.

Still not gonna let him hold a hammer, though. His muscular strength is too weak. Though I do wonder where he gets these ideas from... probably from his [Akashic Records] spell. His [Akashic Records] spell is a completely unheard of spell. As well as that [One Track Mind] [Skill].

His [One Track Mind] [Skill] is truly amazing considering how you apply it. I guess, the only downside to it is that he can only focus on one thing.

On his sixth day, he asked if he could cook and I agreed while thinking 'why not?'. That day he was unofficially appointed as head chef. I mean, he made multiple dishes from different places, like the omurice and that cake. The only difference between his dishes and their dishes is that he makes his dishes almost 75% better, from the fluffiness, to the texture, to the flavour. It also has a nice homely feel. If compared to Mia's food, then I guess the only difference between them is the professionalism.

Today is the seventh day, also my last day of my holiday. I'm taking out Phaes to the Hostess Of Fertillity today, to give him a nice welcome.

"Are you ready?", I asked the blue eyed boy.

"Yes.", he replied, slightly more energetically than usual.

From recent observations, I've seen that Phaes has a hard time to express his emotions. He still feels them, but he can't express them. If you observe him carefully, then you can notice the slight change in his facial demeanour depending on his emotions. His eyes can somewhat remind you of an old cat, which does make it a little more difficult.

Currently, Phaes is wearing a black sleeved shirt and white pants which have black lines, he's also wearing plain black shoes.

"Then, let's go.", I stated.

"Okay.", he stated slightly happy.

On our way towards the bar I could see that he was staring at the surroundings with curiosity. I already had his identity issued, so him being here shouldn't be a problem, but that does make me slightly curious about where he came from. Not that I'm gonna admit it, though.

"Something caught your eye?", I asked Phaes.

To my question Phaes blushed slightly and said:

"No."

How cute. He denied something straight up, and with his blank features I may have actually fell for it, if I didn't live for more than a millennia with experience of deceit.

I went towards the stand that caught his eye, and surprisingly it was a gem store. The gem that he was looking at was a blue gem, that contained a vast amount of magic power.

"Do you want it?", I asked.

"No.", he said calmly but his stare clearly told that he wanted it.

'He's a bit like Ais', I thought to myself.

I went over to the store and bought him the blue gem, I also bought him another red gem.

"Do you like it?", I asked him in a slightly teasing tone.

"Mhm.", he nodded with a faint blush. I could see everyone who was nearby was admiring his cuteness, and some of those type of ladies were having a large nose bleed.

As I was going to attempt to walk again, he called out to me.

"Wait.", I heard a ruffle noise come from the bag that was in his hands.

I raised my eyebrow in a questioning manner, and then realised what he was doing.

"For you.", he handed over to me the blue gem he was looking at earlier.

I took the gem and thanked him.

"Thanks."

"Mhm.", he nodded once again with a blush, which again sent people to admire his cuteness.

After a while of constant walking we finally reached our destination. The Hostess Of Fertility.