[Arc 1]Chapter 7

Ais Wallenstein's POV

We're already back from the latest expedition. I looked at the sky and then sighed. 'I need to become stronger.', I hardened my will even further. I need to avenge them.

"Hey~ Ais!", Tiona called out to me.

I turned my eyes towards her as she was calling me.

"Mhm?", I titled my head.

"Don't you think that there's less attention than usual?", she inquired.

"Oh."

Oh. Now that I realise it, there's usually more people that surround us when we come back from an expedition, but this time there's clearly much less.

"True. It is strange.", Riviera commented.

"Muu~ how dare they ignore Ais? Oh, wait should I be happy...", Lefiya began to mutter something again.

While my fellow Loki Familia members were discussing the reason, Finn decided to calm everyone down. Afterall, it's not often that our expeditions are ignored.

"Now, now, calm down. We'll find out eventually.--", Finn stated however a moment later everyone heard something.

"Come on quick! Today's Phaes' last day of training, we can't miss it!", a bunch of children shouted to another group of children.

"Wait up!", the slower group of children replied as they hurried towards their direction.

"Phaes?", I heard Finn mutter.

"A new adventurer, maybe?", Tione guessed.

Hmm... I'm also intrigued about this.

"You all happy for a small detour?", Finn asked us.

Hmm... am I? I have a good feeling about this... It's as if I'm going to visit an old friend, but I'm pretty sure I've never heard or seen of anyone named 'Phaes' before.

To Finn's question everyone readily agreed, even the most exhausted of us.

"It's probably just a trash being trash.", Bete mocked.

"So I guess your not coming?", Riviera inquired.

"Who's not coming? I just said it's trash being trash, not that I'm not coming along.

While Bete and Riviera were having their arguments - mostly Riviera scolding Bete - I noticed that Finn was questioning a child.

"What are you rushing ahead for?", Finn asked a small child.

"Sheesh... You don't even know about Phaes? Your stupider than me!", the girl looked smug as she mocked Finn. I could see Finn's eye twitching, I could also see Tione ready her blade for some reason.

"And who is this Phaes?", Finn asked.

"Phaes is Phaes!", the girl called out.

"Could you be a bit more specific?", he asked.

"Hmm...", the girl thought to herself as she tilted her head.

"Phaes is the coolest, the most hardworking, the most handsome, the most powerful, the best blacksmith in Orario!", the girl praised this 'Phaes' with every complement her small mind could muster.

Riviera and Bete who stopped arguing, listened in on their conversation, and as well as everyone else.

"Hmm? Do you know where we can find this 'Phaes'?", Finn inquired, which made the girl look at him as if he were a bug.

This involuntarily made everyone react in some way or form. Riviera looked highly intrigued, Bete looked annoyed - as usual - and gave a scowl, Gareth, opened his eyes in shock, Lefiya's mouth opened in an O shape and the Hiryute twins seemed as if they wanted blood, I had all my attention focused on them, and Finn looked as if someone killed his pet.