[Arc 1]Epilogue: Mezerin

Mezerin's POV

PAK PAK PAK PAK PAK

I could hear the sounds of my footsteps radiate the surroundings as I walked through this cave.

My body was constantly limping due to the curse that was placed upon me. It's laughable, really.

At first, I was a slave. The slave traders had carved the enslavement magic deep into my body, after I was sold to them by the bandits which killed, raped and desecrated my family.

Later, I was bought by someone who can some mines. For a slave, this was one of the most peaceful jobs, considering that many wealthy people buy slaves so they can sacrifice them to their deities and gods.

'Huh. I never believed or even liked in those shitty beings people call gods.', I thought while leaning over the cave walls to head deeper inside.

After a while year of working, I suddenly manifested magic when no one was looking. I then began to secretly train my magic and uncover the truth of magic is secret.

During this time I learnt many things. An example of these many things, is that all magic users have an innate element they are all attached to. It doesn't stem from genes or blood, but it stems from their soul.

The reason why people are born with similar elemental affinities as their parent, is because their soul is naturally attracted towards certain elements. However, this doesn't mean that you will always have the same affinity as your parent. It simply means you have a higher chance of having the same element. This also explains why people have more than one innate elemental affinity.

"Koh, koh.", I coughed as blood trickled down my mouth.

Anyway, back to explaining my life story. After I became 7 years old I decided to break free from the enslavement magic and fled to another kingdom.

The kingdom I visited was very barren, and the need for earth elemental mages were high. As luck would have it, I have elemental affinity with all the elements except one. That element was the healing element.

Don't get me wrong, I can still heal people or myself using regeneration magic, but instant healing is impossible. Instant healing can be considered one of the most valuable categories of magic, since removal of curses and exorcism fall into this categories. Although, the exorcism can be replicated with using necromancy, however necromancy constantly sucks your life force away which is why it's better to just switch to a different magic.

Anyway, after being hired - although they didn't believe me at first - I gave life to the earth. It took a full year for me to restore the kingdom's earth back to normal, and the kingdom began to prosper. However, it didn't end there.

At first, I didn't know why people were still anxious until I was told. There is multiple hordes of monsters marching towards the kingdom. At this moment the memories from my childhood flew by as I remembered that monsters are spawned from the abyss.

After learning this, I casted a barrier magic which kept the kingdom safe for an entire year. However, during that year I wasn't sitting while twiddling my thumbs.

I taught them now to manipulate magic, I taught them swordsmanship. I even, decided to create smithing techniques when I met a childhood friend of mine.

Crozzo was always free spirited, it was lucky for him to leave the village earlier.

After I had fully prepared the kingdom for the oncoming slaughter, the kingdom was able to successfully repel the monsters.

After another year, things changed. People grew greedy, people became too needy, the nobles began trying to distuingish themselves from the common folk.