𝗵𝘂𝗶𝘁.

the cold wind was blowing loudly outside the window, and it was making it hard for kenzie to sleep.

she had been tossing and turning all night. after awhile, kenzie quietly got out of bed and snuck out of the room.

kenzie jumped when she heard a feminine voice says, "where you going?"

she turned around and saw lauren sitting on the uncomfortable, leathery hotel couch, watching reruns of mash.

"hey," she said, recreating the tiktok sound.

"you didnt answer the question."

"i couldnt sleep, so i was going to go on a walk," she said, giving in, to easily in my opinion.

"oh, okay."

gullible, kenzie noted

kenzie nodded and was walking out, when she passed annies door, she heard her soft snores and laughed a little.

she continued her walk, listening to her playlist, when she ran into someone.

it was pretty weird considering it was like 1am and she was in her hotel hallway.

she looked up and saw johnny. he held out his hand, she hesitated for a second, but grabbed it in the end. he pulled her up off the ground.

the brunette smiled, but didnt say anything. she continued walking, when she noticed johnny wasnt walking with her. she turned around and saw him staring at her.

"you coming?"

the dirty bonde nodded and started walking with her.

he couldnt help but  put on a bright, genuine smile.

"so what, happened that day, when that dude, was holding a gun to your head?" johnny asked.

"oh," kenzie said, "i totally forgot about that," she facepalmed and let out a small laugh.

"who was he?"

"that was annies ex boyfriend," she shuddered a little, "he stopped a guy who was about to rape her, but then raped her himself," she shook her head

"it was awful, we werent friends yet, but only like a month after that happeded we met."

" i guess we helped her, i mean i know noah was super helpful, i just dont understand how i helped. im not that useful."

" anyways, it turns out that brandon, thats his name if you didnt know, was in a gang or something."

" he still likes, or even loves, annie. but she doesnt."

"woah, thats a lot to take in," johnny says.

kenzie internally hits the woah and just laughs a little.

"what was that song you were singing after brandon said 'maybe yes, maybe no'," johnny asked.

"oh," kenzie started, "that was a song annie and i wrote in like the 10th grade, a little after we met. its called photograph." kenzie explained.

"cool!" johnny said, impressed.

"you can tell your friends if you want. annie wouldnt mind, shes really opened about everything thats happened in her past."

"more stuff has happened to her?"

"yeah, her brother died when he was 13, her parents got divorced, like a year later."

"she lived with her dad, who abused her, metally and physically for several years, before her school found out. she was bullied because of that. thats absolutely shit if you ask me."

"like why would you bully someone who has gone through so much. anyway after that she moved in with her mom, then brandon happened, then we met and now everything is better."

"but what suprises me the most is that she was never suicidal, i respect her for that, shes been through so much shit, but she doesnt let the world drag her down, shes awesome."

"shes also really funny, but i dont let her know that, her ego is big enough."

johnny nods and laughs a little at the last statement.

"wow, shes definitely the toughest person ive ever met." the green eyed boy said.

"yeah she is."

they look at eachother for a second, both of them lean in but kenzie pulls away at the last second.

"sorry" johnny mumbles.

"no, its okay, its just my last boyfriend cheated on me with some random person."

johnnys mouth dropped before saying, "im sorry."

"dont worry, i know he broke my heart and all, but at least i got a song out of it."

johnny laughs, then kenzie laughs, they end up laughing for a good 30 minutes.

699 words

vote