Chapter 13: Ryujin's Chapter (Into the unknown)

Ryujin's POV

I knew why Kyungsoo had called Yuna and I here. Yuna sat beside me, peeling her nails. She always did that when she was nervous. I guess she knew why we were here too. Before coming here, we had met up and agreed to come here together and we agreed that, no matter who Kyungsoo chose, the three of us would still be BFFs. When I said that, I felt really confident in our friendship, but now, I wasn't so sure. I wasn't sure if I could bear to see Yuna and Kyungsoo together.

Kyungsoo sat opposite us in this quaint little cafe on the school campus, we always came here and hung out together. And here we were again, coming round full circle, right back where we started.

Kyungsoo took in a deep breath and said,

"Hey Ryujin and Yuna, I realised that I like..."

Everything was changed forever from that moment onwards.

Kyungsoo's POV

I finally had the courage to say who I really liked and the moment I said that, it was as though a massive boulder was lifted off my chest. I felt like I had finally been honest and I felt proud of myself for doing this. But yet, reality always sucks.

I looked at the two girls sitting opposite me. One was probably overflowing with joy, but trying her hardest not to show it for respect of the other girl. And the other girl was trying hard not to show her disappointment and try and appear happy for both of us. At the point, I really wasn't sure anymore if I had done the right thing.

"Yuna, are you okay? We can still be friends, you know that right?"

She nodded, wiping her tears away.

"Kyungsoo-oppa, Ryujin-unnie, I'm really happy for y'all, really. I want both of you to be happy, both of y'all are my close friends and I always knew both of you were suited for each other. You don't need to worry about me, I'm really okay. " She stopped sniffling.

And then she continued with a sudden change in her tone. "Now y'all two go on your first date, I won't be hanging around making things awkward for you two!" She said in a jovial tone, our baby Yuna was back, and Ryujin and I both smiled at her. She's just too adorable...

Yuna left the cafe and Ryujin looked at me, "So, where shall we go?"

I replied, "Anywhere you want, I want to create a new chapter of my life with you."

Ryujin started blushing. "You're not such a bad player yourself, Kyungsoo." I blushed too. But hey, isn't this what couples do?

Ryujin said, "I wanna bring you somewhere, somewhere with a significance for both of us."

"Well, lead the way."

Yuna's POV

I was really disappointed when Kyungsoo said that he liked Ryujin. I had really liked him too and when he saved me from Haechan, I knew for sure that my feelings for him were real. But yet, when he chose Ryujin over me, I couldn't help but feel more than a tinge of disappointment.

I know that as a friend of both of them, I should be happy for them. They're really suitable for each other and they grew up together, of course they would develop feelings for each other. But yet, I felt so empty, like I was the only one lying in bed in the middle of the night, staring at the skies, all alone, with no one around.

I made sure I was far away enough from them. I looked around me, no one to catch me in such a pathetic state.

That was when the tears started flowing uncontrollably.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, I tried to dry my tears and turned around, I saw Mark. He sat down beside me, and asked

"Is there anything wrong?"

I didn't say anything. He just sat there quietly. I wanted to say something, to just confide everything in him but this was my private crush and I wasn't ready to share it yet.

"Don't worry, I'll just sit here and wait until you're comfortable to speak to me. Take your time."

I just hugged him and cried again, I was so touched by everyone treating me so nicely. And even though I couldn't be with Kyungsoo as a boyfriend and girlfriend thing, I still had so many friends around me and this was something that I should cherish.

I pulled away from Mark, I looked at him and he looked back at me. Nobody said anything but we knew we were completely comfortable with each other now.

He smirked, "So now, are you going to tell me what happened?"

Ryujin POV

I took out the keys and unlocked the door. Kyungsoo seemed quite surprised.

"You're asking in your mind now, why the dance studio?"

He nodded.

"Remember that time when we were young, you always came over to my house in the middle of the night. We always had so much fun, but one day you never came and for the next few days, you still didn't come. I wondered 'Did I make you angry?' You never came over again and I thought I would never see you again. Then when I saw you here again, after so many years, I couldn't believe it. I thought we really fated to be together and here, we made so many more memorable memories. That's why this place is so special for me, and I hope it's important to you too."

Kyungsoo looked completely shocked.

"Did I do anything wrong?"

He shook his head, "No, I'm just so surprised that you were so sweet and romantic." He leaned and gave me a peck on the cheek.

But that wasn't enough. I wanted so much more. For so many years, I had suppressed my feelings for him and now it could finally flow freely. It was like removing the dam in a river, all the water gushed out. I pulled him close and stood on my tip-toes, kissing him intensely on the lips.

Kyungsoo POV

Ryujin leaned in to kiss me. It was one of the few times I had kissed or gotten kissed by someone and it wasn't the sort of lusty type of kiss. It was overflowing with intensity but it was all of Ryujin's feelings to me. I kissed her back. When she finally pulled away, we both smiled shyly.

"You're such a good kisser, Ryujin." I said.

She blushed and looked away.

"Hey, I wanna tell you something. These few months, my life completely changed. I was just an ordinary schoolging boy. Then you came into my life again, and I felt all the zest for life from young return back to me. I had a reason to live again. To be honest, the reason I wanted to live was to see if you would screw up your choreo or something, I wanted to see you fail because you kept on picking on me..."

She punched me teasingly in the shoulder.

I continued, "But then as time passed, I realised that I was beginning to fall in love with you. And I decided that I wanted to be with you forever. When you were with me, I felt so comfortable, I looked forward to all the lessons I had with you. And the dance lessons I once hated, were now something I looked forward to every weekend."

I took in a deep breath.

"I just hoped you liked me back too. I kept my feelings for you in a small corner of my heart. But god, you loved me too, and here we are."

Ryujin seemed so touched. "Geez, Kyungsoo, you're actually so romantic. I want to kiss you again."

I hugged her tight and whispered into her ear, "You'll have so many more opportunities to kiss me in the future." 

The end... 

Wait for the alternate ending with Kyungsoo and Yuna! :) Don't forget to vote