Chapter 14: Yuna's Chapter (Alice in Wonderland)

Yuna's POV

I looked at Kyungsoo-oppa sitting beside me, and Ryujin-unnie sitting beside me. I picked up the courage to tell Oppa how I felt about him, about us, but now I was nervous but yet hopeful. At first, when he and I hung out together, I saw him merely as a friend and an oppa, but the more time when spent, the more I realised that I felt attracted to him. I wanted to be more than friends with him.

But I couldn't.

When I had tteokbokki with Ryujin, I told her that I wanted to profess my love for Kyungsoo-oppa. She looked at me, straight in the eyes. I thought she was fuming mad, angry at me for stealing her man, for being competition to her. But instead, she just told me really honestly.

"I know you like Kyungsoo too. Just go and confess to him, I'll support you all the way. Regardless of who he chooses, I'm sure we'll still be best friends."

With that, it gave me some assurance. But it was still a while before I could summon the courage to tell oppa. But eventually, I summoned my courage and told oppa my true feelings.

And now here I am, in a cafe, sitting opposite him, waiting for possibly the most important response of my 16 years of life.

Kyungsoo's POV

"Hey Yuna, I always liked you since I was young, and I always wanted to be with you. And now that you tell me that you like me too, I just...I just feel so happy." Tears welled up in my eyes, but tears of joy. I had waited for this moment for so long, and now it had finally come to fruition. Words could barely describe how I felt at that moment, but I was completely overwhelmed with joy and excitement.

I took a glance at Ryujin, a frown clearly visible on her face. She stood up, and was about to turn and leave. I called her back,

"Ryujin, where are you going?"

She stopped for a moment, but she continued walking, not looking back. I looked back at Yuna, and all that bliss we had experienced just a few moments ago instantly dissipated, replaced with fear.

Ryujin's POV

Kyungsoo chose Yuna over me, of course. It's such an obvious choice, Yuna's pretty, cute and sweet and me? I'm just nobody, just a girl who goes around, behaving like a guy. Of course Kyungsoo would choose Yuna.

I tried to comfort myself, saying it was nothing major, but I couldn't. My heart was still aching. When I was a kid, I knew for sure that I was going to marry Kyungsoo, but now everything was gone.

I could hear Kyungsoo and Yuna trying to call me back, but I just picked up my speed. At this moment, I just needed some time of my own. From just normal walking, to a jog, to full-speed sprinting. I just needed to get myself as far away from here as possible, to just be all alone.

I slumped against a wall, tears welling in my eyes. I looked back at all the memorable moments I had with Kyungsoo, all the times we kissed, all the times we did cool things together, where he was by my side. I opened up my gallery, looking at all the photos we took together. He always smiled so prettily, but I was always frowning.

A new message came in. It was from Kyungsoo.

Hey Ryujin, are you okay? Can we meet?

Even now, he still cared about me. I was so touched. But I couldn't get in between him and Yuna. They looked so happy together, and I was not going to ruin it for them. I typed out a reply.

I'm fine, Kyungsoo. We don't need to meet, spend some time with Yuna. I'll see you in school next week.

I pressed the "Send" button.

That was when all the tears started flowing uncontrollably

Yuna's POV

Kyungsoo-oppa showed me his phone. Ryujin said she was okay, but I didn't think so. I wanted to go and search for her. Kyungsoo held me back,

"I've grown up with Ryujin, I know her personality well enough. If we go look for her now, things will only get worse."

I agreed. But after her reaction, both of us weren't in the mood to do romantic, couple-y things anymore. I looked at Kyungsoo, worry and anxiety painted all over his face.

"You don't need to pretend you've got it all under control in front of me, you know."

He nodded.

He said, "Hey, since it's our happy occasion, let's make it memorable. Let's do sweet, romantic things that we'll never forget for the rest of our lives."

"Alright, so where shall we go?"

"Um, I don't know, maybe a cafe or something?"

So it was settled. We would be going to a cafe. We sat down after placing our orders, and Kyungsoo, being a gentleman, helped to collect the drinks. Now I was going to the cliched "latte foam on my lips" gimmick that always appeared on TV. As I sipped my latte, there was some foam left on my lips, intentionally or perhaps not.

Kyungsoo took out a tissue and he stretched out his hand and leaned across the table...

"Hey, there's foam on your lips, use this to clean it."

Gosh, I nearly fainted. I thought he was going to lean over and wipe it for me, but no. He told me to wipe it myself. All notions of the romantic atmosphere instantly disappeared and all that was left was a sense of awkwardness. I looked at Kyungsoo across me.

Even like that, he was still super cute and had his own unique charm. Perhaps that was why I liked him so much.

The end

A/N okay so this marks the official end of the story i'm sorry this got released so late because of schoolwork and projects maybe i'll write a sequel or something but it was really fun writing this and i hope you guys enjoyed reading it too. now im probably gonna focus on the other story so yeah, bye I guess.

~hyejoogowon