42. what's the worst

s3e15: all my children

Brynley sat in the living room of the Mikaelson mansion the next morning, embroidering the wings of a butterfly onto the collar of a blue button-up shirt she was going to wear for her science presentation next week. Damon has compelled her teachers to keep her grades as they previously were when she was asleep, they were all As, but now she had to do all the makeup work. Klaus was near her sketching, and Kol sat in front of her trying to figure out how to work a phone.

"Well, well, well, there's our girl!" Kol stood once he saw Rebekah walked into the room, who was wearing the same dress as yesterday.

"Get out of my way, Kol." Rebekah demanded.

"Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?" Kol questioned.

"Oh god." Brynley ran a hand through her hair.

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." Rebekah threatened and Klaus grinned. "Don't start, Nik!"

"I didn't say anything." Klaus shrugged.

"It wasn't Matt though, was it?" Brynley asked.

"I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment." Kol groaned and Brynley laughed slightly.

"What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it." Klaus pointed to the door.

"It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart." Kol reminded.

"Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date." Klaus stood up.

"Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around it in." Rebekah smirked.

"Just like you, Bekah." Kol pointed and looked at the fairy who was still sitting. "Brynley, join us."

"I'd rather not, and I'm underage." Brynley shook her head.

"That didn't stop you last night." Klaus said.

"It was a fricking ball, everyone was drinking." Brynley replied and Klaus and Kol walked out of the room. "Try not to make a mess of my dad's bar, please!"

"Good riddance, both of you!" Rebekah yelled after them and turned to Brynley, who gave her a smile. "You should let me take you shopping."

"Oh, bad idea." Brynley poked the needle through the fabric.

"Please! It'll keep me occupied and you'll get a whole new wardrobe out of it!" Rebekah begged and looked at the outfit the fairy was wearing. A white, longsleeved sweater with a pair of black overalls that had a couple of white flowers embroidered on it, a pair of white sneakers, and her usual bracelet and the butterfly necklace Elijah gave her. "And you could use the help."

"Hey, I like this outfit." Brynley pouted as Elijah walked into the room.

"Elijah, tell your girlfriend to let me take her shopping and replace her bland wardrobe." Rebekah turned to brother.

"Tell your sister to stop picking on my clothes." Brynley crossed her arms and Elijah smirked at her.

"Rebekah." Elijah called.

"Not you too, Elijah." Rebekah groaned.

"Stop picking on Brynley's clothes," Elijah smirked and looked at his sister. "I'm worried about mother. Have you not noticed her strange behavior?"

"She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?" Rebekah asked.

"Burnt sage." Elijah held up burnt sage. "She was doing a privacy spell."

"You know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her." Rebekah answered.

"I don't trust Finn. He hates what we are, he always has." Elijah shrugged.

"That's not true. And as for mother, she returned for one reason, to make our family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?" Rebekah walked out of the room and Elijah turned to Brynley, who stood up from her chair.

"I'll see you later." Brynley placed her hands on his shoulders and kissed the original.

"Where are you going?" Elijah asked.

"Craft store, I'm out of blue thread." Brynley replied and Elijah smiled at her. "Where will you be?"

"I don't know yet, but I have a very strong feeling that something is wrong with my mother's intentions," Elijah sighed and kissed the top of her head. "Please just have your phone on you and be careful."

"I'm going to the craft store, what's the worst that could happen?" Brynley said before she grabbed her purse and walked out of the mansion.

-

"Thank you." Brynley smiled at the cashier as she handed the fairy the receipt and a bag that had the threads she just bought in it. She walked out of the store to see Bonnie and Caroline walking down the sidewalk.

"Hey girls." Brynley walked up them.

"Hey Bryn." Bonnie smiled and Caroline got a slightly guilty look on her face before she turned it into a smile.

"What are you guys up to?" Brynley asked.

"We just got back from Elena's where we were-" Caroline began.

"Just discussing to have another girls night next week, you should join us." Bonnie lied and Brynley smiled slightly.

"Sounds like fun, I have to go check on the Grill but I'll see you guys later." Brynley walked away from them and turn at a corner to the parking lot.

"What's gonna happen to her?" Caroline asked Bonnie.

"I have no idea, she's affected when Elijah's daggered, so when he dies-" Bonnie froze and her and Caroline looked at each other.

"Oh my god." Caroline gasped.

Meanwhile, Brynley was walking to her car when someone grabbed her and she let out a scream.

"Let go!" Brynley yelled as she reached down to take of her bracelet, still struggling in someone's arms, but the person shoved a rag in her face. Her eyes began to feel heavy and she passed out.

-

"Brynley, my mother is planning something and all of us are in danger, call me back now." Elijah left the girl yet another message as he ran into the parking lot of the craft store. He saw her car still there, and he began to get even more worried. He bent down to pick the butterfly necklace he gave her that laid on the ground. "No, no."

a/n: hey loves we're getting a lot of extra chapters today because it's a very supportive reader's birthday and this is my gift to her <3 @HarmonicaSweet happy birthday!! more chapters to be published later, hope everyone has an amazing dayyy