1: A Missing Invitation

Dear Y/N,

Hey mate. We managed to get the tickets for Ireland vs Bulgaria, how cool is that?

My parents have already invited Harry and Hermione, and, surprise surprise, they didn't send you one.

We're going to have to go along with your plan. I outright refuse to go if you're not going to be there. If you're going to be missing out on the fun, why should we go? My parents know that, and they still won't budge. I'm sure Harry and Hermione feel the same way.

You've got the money right? Let me know when you've bought the tickets. Remember, we'll be sitting in the top box, so you're going to have to buy the tickets for the top box. You won't have a portkey or anything to take you to the stadium, but don't worry, I've spoken to Bill about the plan, and he's not like my parents, so he's agreed to side-along Apparate with you at nine o'clock on the day of the match.

You should bring Ellie along, too. I know she's a Muggle but the according to dad, the family members of Muggle-born wizards are aloud to watch the match, too. Dean's going to be there with his mum who's a Muggle, so Ellie should be welcome.

Good luck securing the tickets, you'd better hurry before the ones for the top box get sold out.

Hope to see you there,

Ron.

Y/N skimmed through the letter for the hundredth time as he exited a black taxi cab. Walking hastily past the iron gates and knocking on the door of the large building that was the Orphanage, an anxious blonde head poked out.

"Did you get them?" nine-year old Ellie asked nervously.

Y/N made a show of making a disappointed face, and Ellie's hopeful expression fell. Then, breaking out into a large grin, he held up two small pieces of paper.

"Pack your things, Ellie, were going to see the Quidditch World Cup."

Ellie gave a delighted squeal of excitement and thew her arms around him. "You got them! You really got the tickets!"

"It was hell trying to get them," Y/N said, "but so worth it."

"Oi, what's all this noise?" came a disgruntled voice from behind Ellie. "It's too early in the morning for this."

"Annie, I got them. I got the tickets."

Annie's sleepy demeanor shifted instantly. "That's incredible! You got them? You'll be able to go with your friends now?"

"Yeah." Y/N smiled. "I get the feeling Ron's parents won't be happy to see me, though."

Annie's smile faded slightly and she pursed her lips.

"Don't worry," Y/N reassured. "I'll stay out of trouble."

"You're going to be responsible for Ellie while you're there, Y/N." Annie said sternly. "There aren't going to be any adults with you, so keep her safe."

"Don't worry." Y/N said again. "I've bought a super secure tent that no one but the owner can enter. It has all sorts of features that keep outsiders away."

"Still," Annie said, sounding nervous. She then sighed. "Just - just be responsible, okay? You're both going to going quite far and I won't be there to help you if something goes wrong. And I doubt that redhead family will protect you either."

"Im a wizard, remember?" Y/N said, brushing off Annie's concern. "A good one, too. I'm capable of defensive magic that most my age can't do. Believe me, if anything happens, Ellie will be safe."