15: Punishment And Injustice

"Well, Y/N?" Dumbledore said expectantly, sitting opposite Y/N on his large, claw-footed desk. "You have violently assaulted a teacher, do you have anything to say?"

Y/N had been lead to Dumbledore's office, Professor McGonagall, Moody and Snape accompanying them. Snape was still grinning maliciously through his broken and bloodied nose. They were now standing on either side of Dumbledore's chair, while Y/N sat opposite them, stone-faced.

Y/N did not respond to Dumbledore's demand, and Professor McGonagall seemed to take that a little personally.

"Why do you sit in silence?" she said fiercely. "Look at Professor Snape's face, L/N. If you had any sense of moral decency you would have at least apologise for your vulgar actions."

Y/N did as he was told, and looked directly into Snape's bloodied face. His already-crooked nose was crumpled horribly into his face, and had been crushed slightly to the left. Y/N's straight face did not waver as he responded.

"I see no difference."

McGonagall's lips automatically thinned dangerously, and Dumbledore adopted his famous disappointed-grandfather look. Moody, however, looked oddly impressed.

Before McGonagall could open her mouth to start berating him, Y/N continued.

"Isn't that what you said, Professor Snape?" Y/N voice was filled with a cold hatred. "Hermione Granger took a curse to the face, and instead of sending her to the hospital wing as you did with Goyle, you decided to proclaim that you 'saw no difference'."

"L/N, we are already aware of the incident that took place in the Potions dungeons." McGonagall said shortly. "How Potter attempted to curse Malfoy and -"

"Is that what you've been told?" said Y/N. "That Harry tried to attack Malfoy?"

"Yes, that is what Professor Snape has reported -"

"Then you are just as gullible as Snape is a lying coward."

"Excuse me?" said McGonagall, her nostrils flared, giving her the appearance of a short-tempered and extremely thin bull.

"I have no doubt that L/N is, as usual, making unfounded accusations." said Snape silkily. "He seems to be making a habit of it."

Y/N chose to turn away from McGonagall, and ignore her blinded sense of justice. This only seemed to anger her more. He locked eyes with Dumbledore.

"Can I ask you something, sir?" he said coolly. "You are fully aware that Professor Snape physically assaulted me last year, aren't you?"

Snape stumbled a little at his words. Moody lifted his head and frowned, and McGonagall suddenly stopped spluttering, her eyes wide like a hawk.

Dumbledore, on the other hand, was sitting remarkably calmy on his chair. He said nothing, so Y/N went on.

"I seem to remember you telling Snape that he would be punished for his actions." Y/N said. "I assumed that he would be suspended from his job, or at the very least, receive an official warning from the school board, but judging from Professor Moody and Professor McGonagall's reactions, I'd say that the school board isn't even aware of what happened that night. Am I correct in that assumption?"

"Y/N - " Dumbledore began, a little shamefully.

"So I was right," Y/N interrupted smoothly. "Wow. So much for the 'Leader of Light', huh?" he snickered nasilty. "one of the great Albus Dumbledore's students gets assaulted, and he does absolutely jackshit about it."

"Albus, is this true?" McGonagall demanded.

"Minerva -"

"Of course it isn't." Snape interrupted, an ugly grimace on his face. "As I have already said, L/N has been making a habit of making unfounded accusations -"