11: Beauxbatons And Durmstrang

"That was a lie, Harry," said Hermione sharply over breakfast the next day. "You didn't imagine your scar hurting and you know it."

Harry has just come down to join Y/N, Hermione and Ron for Breakfast. He told them that hid apparent delay had been due to him writing a letter to Sirius, assuring him that he had just imagined his scar hurting, and there was no need to return.

"So what?" said Harry. "He's not going back to Azkaban because of me."

"Believe me, he's going to see through that lie." Y/N pointed out. "Sirius is many things, but stupid is not one of them."

Over the next couple of weeks, Harry would constantly worry about Sirius. He expressed it with words, but the concern was visible on his face. He would always look around anxiously every morning when the post owls arrived.

Meanwhile, Y/N and Hermione had their hands full with trying to recruit people to join S.P.E.W. Not many people were that interested, however, and one day, Y/N had enough, standing up on a chair in the middle of the common room, he pointed his wand to this throat and muttered, "Sonorus."

"ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP, YOU LITTLE SHITS." his voice boomed throughout the common room, shutting everyone up almost immediately as they looked up at him. "WHO HERE KNOWS WHAT A HOUSE-ELF IS?"

Surprisingly enough, the residents in Gryffindor Tower, especially the Muggle-borns, listened with interest. This actively turned into a little discussion about house-elves and how they were treated in modern wizarding Britain. After that little speech, a lot more people were willing to purchase badges and become a part of the movement.

Their lessons were becoming particularly more difficult. Even Y/N, who was almost ahead of everybody in every subject, struggled. Defense against the Dark Arts was becoming more demanding than ever.

To their surprise, Professor Moody had announced that he would be putting the Imperius Curse on each of them in turn, to demonstrate its power and to see whether they could resist its effects.

"But - but you said it's illegal, Professor," said Hermione uncertainly, as Moody cleared away the desks with a sweep of his wand, leaving a large clear space in the middle of the room. "You said - to use it against another human was -"

"Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like," said Moody, his magical eye swivelling onto Hermione and fixing her with and eerie, unblinking stare. "If you'd rather learn the hard way - when someone's putting it on you so they can control you completely - fine by me. You're excused. Off you go."

He pointed one gnarled finger towards the door. Hermione went very pink, and muttered something about not meaning that she wanted to leave. Y/N hid his smirk behind his hand. He knew that Hermione would rather eat Bubotuber pus than miss such an important lesson.

Moody began to beckon students forwards in turn and put the Imperius Curse on them. Y/N watched as, one by one, his classmates did the most extraordinary things under its influence. Dean Thomas hopped three times around the room, singing the national anthem. Lavender Brown imitated a squirrel. Neville performed a series of quite astonishing gymnastics as he would certainly not have been capable of in his normal state. Not one of them seemed to be able to fight the curse off, and each of them recovered only when Moody had removed it - all apart from Harry.

When Harry's name had been called, and he was put under the effects of the Curse, he paused, then, began vibrating harshly, as though convulsing, his entire body began to shake and tremor, resulting in him crashing headlong into Moody's desk, and fracturing both kneecaps.

"Now, that's more like it!" growled Moody, as Harry was released. "Look at that, you lot... Potter fought! He fought and he damn near beat it! We'll try that again, Potter, and the rest of you, pay attention - watch his eyes, that's where you see it - veyy good, Potter, very good indeed! They'll have trouble controlling you!"