1. lonely

colby pov

it has been a week since we moved out of the trap house. i've spent most of my days unpacking and most of my nights on my balcony. although it had been quite peaceful to begin with, it is starting to get lonely now.
sam seems to be enjoying his time alone, especially when it's with kat. i was glad he was liking his new-found privacy, so i wouldn't want to bother him. not until he is ready for company, i know that's what my best friend would want.

i am slightly worried about jake though. i noticed that before we moved out, he had become quite distant from his girlfriend, tara. he hasn't really been posting on social media either. i tried not to worry about it, thinking maybe he was just settling into to his new apartment not too far from here. the other part of me thinks it's too strange not to of heard from him this whole time.
it's 7pm, not too late to go on check on him. i kind of miss him too, i just want to see him smile again.
with a deep breath, i stand up from my seat on the balcony. i stretch slightly and make my way through my living area and down the hallway of the apartment complex. i feel myself start to get slightly nervous and try to calm down a bit. reassuring myself that it's just jake, who i've spoken to many times before.

i find myself in front of his door, preparing myself to knock. i tap quite lightly with my knuckle, as not to disturb or alert him. i hear movement so i fix my hair and ready myself. the door opens and i am faced with a tired looking jake. his hair is slightly undone and he's wearing an old take chances hoodie with sweats, he looked like he hadn't slept in days.

he looks up at me with a tired half smile.
"hey dude." he says lightly
"hey jake, i've missed you man." i try to say casually. my voice sounds slightly weak though, i hadn't really spoken to many people recently.
"i missed you too. i haven't really unpacked much but do you want to come in?" he says with a bit of unsureness.
i try to appease his worries by saying, "ah don't worry about it man, i've still got some unpacking to do so i won't judge."
but as i walked in, i noticed he hadn't really unpacked at all. my concern grew as my eyes scanned over the still full boxes that have barely been touched. i look over to jake, who looks slightly embarrassed at how little he had unpacked.
"do you want some help getting started with all this? i've got nothing else to do tonight. we could just stick some music on and start setting a few bits up."
"uh... well sure yeah. if you wouldn't mind, i would really like that." he sounded thankful. i go over to him and slowly wrap my arms around his shoulders. i feel his arms wrap around my waist and his head lightly rest on my shoulder. i smile to myself, holding him for a bit and then pulling back slowly.
"where should we start?" i say with a small smile.
"hmm, i think maybe the kitchen stuff to start."

i nod and unlock my phone. i connect to jake's speaker, one of the few things he had unpacked. i put on my playlist and began helping him settle in.

i really have missed him.