Part Four

(Y/n) had no self-awareness of being the odd one out as he wandered through Sokovia's markets, with a small hinder concerning the pulse he was getting just yonder where an old Sokovian woman crying for a sale on clothing. Another woman flapped a mattress to clean out the dust as a young blonde man held up jewellery for young beautiful women wandering about. (Y/n) didn't care if anyone recognised him, but all that mattered to him was finding the Twins by any means necessary. 

"E un Răzbunător. Ticăloşii ăia ne-au ruinat! He's an Avenger. Those bastards have ruined us!" An old woman spoke softly but loud enough for (Y/n) to hear. 

Two people stood facing (Y/n) like it was a Mexican standoff. (Y/n)'s heart raced as he stared at the brunette and the silver-blonde man. The crowd in the market left an opening so the three could keep a clear eye on the person opposite them. 

"We were hoping you were dead," said the blonde. 

"Well, clearly I'm not. Wait. Quick. Pinch me to see if I'm real." (Y/n) quipped. 

"Why are you here?" The woman asked sternly. 

(Y/n) shrugged his shoulders and maintained a warm smile. "You're interesting. But one thing before I do... I might waddle off now and then, so forgive me if I fail to stay on topic." 

The woman squinted her eyes at him as her brother raised his head up and folded his arms. 

"Now, I was hoping we would settle at a café for a cup of coffee?" 

The twins glanced at one another as the brother looked back and nodded. The twins led the way to a nearby café where (Y/n) kindly payed for their drinks as the three settled down at a table in a corner, (Y/n) cornered in case the Twins was given reason he would make an escape if things went south. The male twin could not help but feel irritated being in the presence of an Avenger, let alone his sister whose fingers repeatedly tapped the table-top whilst (Y/n) casually fixed his drink to how he liked it and took a few sips. 

"What do you want to know?" The woman asked impatiently. 

"Start from the beginning, if you please?" (Y/n) requested. 

The twins took turns telling (Y/n) their whole story in close detail. Though they didn't know much of his, he obliged in telling them everything about his life. 

"Why would you tell us this? Why are you really here?" The woman asked sceptically. 

"Well, Wanda, there's just one thing that's been bothering me this whole time... he is out there, haunting me." 

"Who? Thalke--" The brother piped up, only to be cut off by (Y/n)'s snarl. 

"Don't say his name!" (Y/n) snapped. "He took everything from me... And if I could go back in time, I would cut his fucking head off! But I can't... I'm stuck in this grim reality. You lost your parents, I lost my woman, my-my duck. And I won't get her back." 

" Your duck?" Wanda repeated with a cocky smile. 

(Y/n) realised what he said and flushed in embarrassment. He was spared further discomfort when the three heard a woman cry a child's name. In turn, other bystanders were momentarily drawn to a woman being reunited with her son outside the café, only for the boy to approach Wanda, Pietro and (Y/n), delivering a message that a man of iron was looking for the Twins. (Y/n) followed them as they made their way to the ruined church and climbed through the gate to approach a figure wearing a cloak, exposing a metal hand and leg. 

"Talk. And if you're wasting our time--" Wanda began but was cut off by the person stating a fact about the church being in the exact centre of the city. 

"You're wondering why you can't look inside my head," said the stranger. 

"Sometimes its hard. But sooner or later every man shows himself." 

The stranger rose up to his feet and exposed his true form. "Oh, I'm sure they do. But you need something more than a man. That's why you let Stark take the sceptre." 

The Twins and (Y/n) were shocked at the person's appearance as it was uniquely similar to that of Iron Man, but that of an individual robot spared from the influence and intellectuality of that of Tony Stark. 

"I didn't expect... but I saw Stark's fear. I knew it would control him. Make him self destruct." Wanda stated. 

"Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war; invaders create Avengers, people create... smaller people? Children! I lost the word, there. Children, designed to supplant them, to help them end." 

"Is that why you've come? To end the Avengers?" 

"I've come to save the world. But also, yeah." 

The stranger made (Y/n)'s presence known by raising his arm up to blast lasers from its fingertips, hitting (Y/n)'s shield just before it could penetrate through to his chest. There, the Twins witnessed his powers being identical to Wanda's which surprised her. 

"Holy... Mary Mother of Joseph!" (Y/n) exclaimed in shock. 

(Y/n) stared down the robot who in turn gave a despised expression. 

"I have a proposition for you too, Mr Thatch--" 

"What makes you think I'll agree to what you have to say after you gave away your intentions?" (Y/n) argued. 

"I am Ultron. I'm here to save this world. This world is doomed: cities like New York will grow to resemble hell breaking through the sidewalk, continuing up to the sky. Structures will grow to blot out the sun, and the people who live in them will be choked by the pollution the create. Eventually, when no space remains, this world will die, struggling for breath as man's mistakes nail the coffin shut. I can save this planet from extinction and rebuild utopia." The robot offered. 

"And how do you plan on doing that?" 

"You'll see when the time comes. The world will have no place for your kind anymore. Either you die with the Avengers, or you stay out of our way." 

(Y/n) placed his hands on his hips and looked over at the twins and realised that they had well made up their minds. 

"You know I can't let you get away with this." (Y/n) frowned and held a flame of purple magic in his hand. 

"Stay out of our way." Pietro threatened the (h/c) man. 

Before he could comprehend what was happening, Wanda had snuck up behind (Y/n) and put him into slumber by making him see his own fantasy.