1:

Piper's Pov: Venice, California, where it has sunny beaches, clear blue skies, and a lot of fun things to do. It was a pretty good place to be in, even if you're a dog running to a place to meet up with friends. That's exactly what a Greyhound was doing, running through the streets and sidewalks to meet up with her friends. Yes, that's me, I'm that Greyhound. You're probably wondering who I am? The name is Piper. Interesting name, I know, you don't hear that all too often nowadays. And who are these friends, you may ask? Well, they're not dogs, no. Not all of them anyway. My friends are actually the mystery solving group called Mystery Inc. Their names are Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby. I have been with them for a couple years now, ever since they found me on the side of the road. I went on a few mystery adventures with them, which was fun, by the way.  Anyway, while I ran, I accidentally bumped into a few people, and I would always tell them 'sorry' from behind me. I ran a few more miles until I reached my destination, a little diner that me and my friends like to hangout at. "Phew, made it" I said to myself. I peek in through the window and eyed around, trying to see if my friends are there. Then, I see them, sitting at a table a few feet from the window.

I tap onto the window, getting their attention. Velma gets up from the table to open the door for me. "Hey Piper" she greeted. "Hey Velma. Sorry I'm late, traffic was a total ruckus" I replied, walking inside the diner. Once we go back over and saying hi to everyone, I then ask "so, what did I miss?" "Not much, we were just talking about making Mystery Inc an official business" Daphne tells me. "That's great, but doesn't that cost like, you know, a lot of mullah?" I said, moving my furry fingers together. "Yes, fortunately we found a potential investor" Velma said. As she said that, a man comes by saying "whoopee, a diner. Let me just get some wipes and some hand sanitizer" he said while he took a seat next to Velma. I look up and I instantly recognized him. "Simon Cowell?" I said, eyebrow raised. As I said that, Shaggy play a song on his phone and him and Scooby started singing 'Shallow' from Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga.

I turn to Simon, and I see the look of criticism on his face. Once Scooby and Shaggy were done with their 'performance' the judge gets the chance to speak. "Congratulations, gentleman...you are terrible" he said to them, leaving them with frowns on their faces. "Sheesh, that's harsh" I mutter. "Look, listen guys. Every successful group requires hard work and determination. identifying potential is what I do, and you have got it" he said, pointing to Fred, Daphne and Velma. "Fred, you're the tank. Daphne, you're the people person. Velma, you're the brains" he said to them. Simon then turns to Scooby and Shaggy and said "and you two aren't even listening. You're literally eating a cartoonishly large sandwich" "Sorry, you lost us at hardwork and determination. But you brought us back at sandwich" Shaggy said. I kind of chuckled at that comment, but Simon turns his attention towards me, and I immediately stopped what I was doing. "And what about you, last I heard, there was only five members of Mystery Inc." he said. "Well, I'm not an official member, more like an honorary member, I should say" I tell him. "Yea, like she goes on some mysteries with us sometimes, so that does make her a member of Mystery Inc." Daphne explains, with everybody else nodding their heads in agreement. "Only sometimes? Does your dog not like to travel?" he asks her. "Well, I do like travel, and I love being with my friends. Also, I technically don't belong to anyone. I'm a free roaming dog that likes to do her own thing" I said to him. Simon gives me a skeptical look when I said that.

"So, none of these guys are your owners?" Simon asks me. I furrow my brows in confusion, wondering where he's going with this. "Umm, no, not really. I mean, I do stay at their places for a couple nights on occasion" I explain to him. "Yea, like you should see her when she's over at our house on game night. Man, she can totally destroy you during Let's Dance 2019" Shaggy said. "Ya, I hardly ever beat her in that game" said Scooby. Simon hums and turns back to the group. "I'm sorry, but I can't invest in these three" he said, gesturing to me, Shaggy and Scooby. "What, why not?" I said, eyes widening and brows furrowing more. "First of all, I don't see any potential in you guys. Second of all, you're not really apart of this group, Piper. You're just a stray dog with no family or a home" he said. My ears flatten when I heard that word, my face holding a frown. "Mr. Cowell, she really doesn't like being called that" Velma tells him. I brush that comment off while waving my paw in a friendly manner, all while saying "no, no, it's fine Velma. I know I'm not a true member, so I get what Simon here is saying" As I said that, I start to make my way to the door. "Piper, where are you going?" I heard Fred say from behind. "Where else, somewhere outside where all the stray dogs are" I replied. "Hey hold up" I heard Shaggy say as I push the door open and made my way out. "Piper, wait" I heard Daphne say, but I didn't listen. I just continued onward without looking back.