9. Julia

June 2018

The morning without Muse was relaxing, she didn't feel like she had to rush and get up. She made her breakfast as if she was home again.

It was at least ten thirty by the time he had come down that morning, he was dressed in a pair of black slacks and a matching blazer. The blazer was open and it revealed a crisp white dress shirt with suspenders. His shoulder length brown hair was brushed out to frame his face, every hair was perfectly in place like he had spent hours on it.

Julia stood in the middle of the room, eyes wide like a deer in the headlights.

"Good morning," he placed his hands in his suit pocket.

"Morning," she looked down at herself, she was wearing the same sweatpants she was wearing the night before. "What's going on?"

"It's a surprise, have you eaten?" he pulled his right hand out of his pocket and gestured with his hand at the table.

"Yes, sorry," she felt her shoulders tighten up.

"Don't apologize, I'm glad you did it saves us time."

She looked down at his feet, he was wearing a pair of dress shoes.

"What's all this for?" she motioned to his outfit.

He grinned and grasped his jacket, "you'll see at the surprise." He turned to look at the closed cellar door like he was expecting someone to jump through it at any moment. "Julia," he turned back to her. "We have to go outside for the surprise and I need you to be a good girl." He shoved his hand back in his pocket and straightened up, "can you do that for me?" Julia nodded. "Good," he gave her a smile before he turned back to the cellar door and opened it. "Come in Lindsey."

A woman in a baby pink fit and flared style dress appeared. She was tall and slim with ash blonde hair curled to her shoulders, and her skin was sun kissed as if she was allowed in the sun.

"This is Draven's wife," he explained.

The woman looked at Julia with piercing blue eyes. "Hey," her voice sounded like honey.

"Hey," Julia awkwardly waved.

"She is going to help you get ready," Muse explained. "Do you have everything?" he turned to Lindsey.

"Yup, don't worry," she flashed him a smile.

A hint of jealousy burned in Julia's chest.

Was she seriously flirting with him?

Julia mentally slapped herself. He was a kidnapper not her legitimate husband, legally he was..probably, but other than that he was nothing to her. He was just a man who kidnapped her and assaulted her.

"I will see you upstairs," she snapped out of her daze just before Muse pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"D-I mean Muse, you know tradition go back upstairs," Lindsey scolded with a smile and a wave of her hand. Muse rolled his eyes before he turned away from Julia and out the cellar door.

"Hurry up, we don't have much time." Muse shouted from the laundry room. Linsey ignored Muse and reached around the corner into the laundry room and pulled in a giant pink suitcase with a white long bag draped over it.

"What's this?" Julia motioned with her hand.

"I can't tell you," Lindsey snapped. Julia was taken back, the woman was so nice in front of Muse but then she acted like she had a massive stick up her ass. "Go sit in the chair," Lindsey motioned to the table. Julia rolled her eyes but shuffled to the table anyways. She sat in her regular spot and watched as Lindsey pulled out a bunch of things from the open suitcase and put it on the table.