10. Julia

June 2018

In the morning Julia was the first one up. Muse's arm was wrapped around her waist while his head rested on her shoulder. It wasn't long before his alarm went off, she almost jumped out of her skin at the noise. She felt him stir before he moved his head off her shoulder. He placed it on the pillow beside her and moved his arms away to stretch. He groaned before his eyes flickered open revealing the icy blue colour.

"Good morning," he rubbed his eyes.

"Morning," Julia adjusted her shoulder, it felt numb after he had been laying on it all night. "Can I go get started on breakfast?" she asked, the pressure in her pelvic region reminded her that she was still somewhat human.

He kept his eyes closed but lifted a hand off his eyes and motioned to the door, "go ahead," he mumbled.

"Thank you," she leaned over and pressed a light kiss to his forehead. She pushed the blanket off herself and scooted off the bed before he could grab her and bring her back to his side. "The usual?" she asked him.

"Yup." She moved around the side of the bed to the door. She unlocked it before stepping through the doorway and closed the door behind her. She shuffled to the bathroom and quickly did what she had to do.

As she left the bathroom she realized that they had not put her clothes away from the night before. She wanted to groan in frustration. It wasn't like she was staying there forever but the thought of another fucking mess to clean made her want to tear her hair out. She was thankful that the guests had helped clean up the night before just before they left so that the 'newly weds' didn't have to clean up on their 'honeymoon.'

She made her way through the living room and down the hall to the kitchen. At the backdoor were the gifts the guests had brought the day before. There were three bags and a card that laid on top of them.

She ignored their presence and started on breakfast. She pulled the eggs and bacon out of the fridge along with the stick of butter. She heated the pan before starting on the strips of bacon. The room quickly filled with the mouth watering scent. She was about to grab a plate to place the freshly cooked bacon on when she felt arms wrap around her waist. His bare chest was pressed up against her back.

"That smells good," he commented.

"Thank you," she smiled, she reached down and moved her fingertips across the knuckles of his hands. He pressed his lips to the place her neck met her shoulder. A shiver ran up her spine, she felt his lips curve into a smirk before he pulled away.

"We have gifts to open today," he told her as he sat at the table.

"Okay," she reached up and grabbed a plate for the bacon. She placed a paper towel down before she scooped up the bacon and put it on the plate.

"I'm excited about them, what about you?"

"I'm happy, I wasn't expecting them," she moved the bacon grease around the pan before she cracked open an egg onto the pan.

"I wasn't really either, we are so lucky to have generous friends," she could hear the smile in his voice.

"Yeah."

The room was filled with the sound of eggs cooking on bacon grease for a while. When they were almost done cooking she put down slices of bread and set the stick of butter on the table.

He had his hand rested on the side of his face with his elbow on the table. He had a smile plastered on his face.

The toast popped up, she plopped them on the plates and carried it all to the table. She put the plates on the table before she turned on her heel to the stove. She switched off the stove and made sure it was cleaned up a bit.