12. Muse

July 2009

It was late, he had just drank half a bottle of his secret whiskey that he kept in his bedside table so his gran and pa couldn't take it from him.

He was laying in bed when he heard a girl scream, or was it a laugh. He wasn't sure he didn't know what a laugh was anymore. He knew that it was coming from the barns though and he knew his pa would beat him if anything happened to the animals.

With a huff he pushed his blankets off and slipped out of bed. He was thankful he hadn't changed out of his jeans yet.

He threw on a shirt from his floor and shoved on his work boots before he left his bedroom. He tried to stay quiet in order not to wake his pa. He would for sure have a few lashes on his back from that.

He managed to sneak into the kitchen and out the back door without getting caught. The fresh air sobered him up a bit but he still was not in the right mind. Part of him regretted going out that late, who cared if he got a beating if it meant he could just catch up on his sleep.

He saw the lights go on in the horse barn so he knew they were there. The horse barn was small and held only two horses, it had a small area where you could pull the horses out of the barn but other than that there wasn't a lot of room.

The closer he got the louder the laughs became, he wanted to kick himself for not bringing a weapon but hopefully he would just have to tell them to get off the property.

He reached the door of the barn and looked inside, it was two girls about his age. They had amber bottles and two lawn chairs in the barn, they were watching the horses who seemed confused and scared about why strangers were in their barn. He stepped into the doorway and they spotted him.

"Oh hey, sorry we didn't realize anyone was here," they lied. Daniels jeans tightened at the sight of them. They were both a few inches shorter than him with womanly curves. Perfect for him to hold onto. One was tan with brown hair that reached her butt and the other had blonde hair that reached her shoulders and pale milky skin.

"Oh don't worry about it," he waved his hand.

"We'll go now, sorry," the brunette stood up and grabbed her chair. The blonde one didn't budge.

"Oh you don't have to go, do you have room for another one?" he asked.

The blonde smiled, "sure," she waved her hand over. "We don't have an extra chair sorry," the blonde cringed as she moved to the small cooler they managed to get in. She took out an amber bottle and popped it open.

"Oh that's fine, you can sit on my lap," he joked.

She paused for a moment, the blonde looked at her friend before she shrugged, "okay," she laughed. She closed the cooler and handed him the amber bottle.

"What is this?" he asked.

"Beer," the brunette laughed. He knew he didn't like the brunette, she was not as sweet as the blonde, plus her tits didn't look as round and full as the blondes.

He sat in the chair and allowed the blonde to sit on his lap. She leaned up against him and he prayed that she wouldn't notice his erection pressing painfully against his jeans.

"So what are your names?" he asked them.

"I'm Brit," the girl on his lap smiled, she shifted so she had her one arm around him.

"I'm Sienna," the tanned girl laughed.

"What is yours?" Brit asked.

Daniel knew he couldn't give them his real name, "Muse," he told them.