A taste of your own medicine

A/N: It's been too long since I updated this, so here is an unedited, drama filled chapter that low key probably makes no sense.

Mina had never in her whole life seen someone who looked more out of place than Im Nayeon in the moments following her exit from the bathrooms. Mina hadn't meant to snoop, but something just didn't sit right with her as she walked down the hall to her next tutorial, spotting Nayeon strutting out of the public bathroom just ahead. Mina took the liberty of ducking into a nearby classroom to spy out of a crack between the door and its frame.

It had been a while since she felt such a sense of adventure. She probably hadn't been so thrilled since her days of skipping class in high school... which was a long time ago, and not a time of her life that she was exactly proud of.

Mina held in her laughter as she watched Nayeon straighten the collar of her polka dotted shirt and peer – almost comically – down each end of the hall. She was wearing her glasses again (she was always wearing them these days... she must be really stressed) and as she bent her body to glare at every door in sight, she pulled down the glasses so that they rested on the very edge of her nose and she could look over the rims.

She looked so ridiculous, that Mina had to physically cover her mouth to prevent herself from giggling out loud.

What the hell was she doing? It was almost as if she was hiding something...

After a few more seconds of exaggerated scanning, Nayeon pushed her glasses back up the bridge of her nose and then lifted an arm to cough unnecessarily loud into her elbow. The sound echoed.

Nayeon's strange behaviour made sense in the next moment when a second head poked out of the bathroom.

Mina lowered her hand and the initial laughter died in her throat.

Her reaction might have been different if she had seen another colleague step out into the hall to take Nayeon's hand. If someone like Kim Namjoon or maybe even Kim Chungha it would have been funny. A workplace shenanigan or something of the sort. After all, what else would you do in the bathroom just before classes began?

But neither of the suggested professors stepped out of that bathroom.

"Quick let's go." Nayeon spoke, holding her hand out.

"We'll get caught if I hold your hand." Chou Tzuyu said, unironically taking her professor's hand anyway.

Nayeon just smiled at her, a look in her eyes that made Mina's stomach churn.

"Just until we reach the end of the hall. I'll miss you after class, so think of this as my goodbye."

"I'm still annoyed you decided to hold a catch-up tutorial after five... I was going to take you back to my house and show you Gucci."

"I know, baby." Nayeon cooed, taking Tzuyu's other hand and once again glancing around before planting a kiss right on the corner of her mouth, standing on her tiptoes and squeezing her eyes shut as she did so.

Mina's lower jaw was on the floor.

"I'm sorry. Can I come see Gucci on the weekend? I don't have anything planned for Saturday..." Her voice was so... cute? Mina almost gagged at the sweetness laced in with her words, but the look on Tzuyu's face was only one of complete adoration.

"I'd love it if you could come." She spoke quietly, a blush forming on her cheeks as she looked down at Nayeon's radiant smile.

"Alright, sweetie, we've really got to go now." Nayeon took a step back, letting her hand catch on Tzuyu's as she stepped away.