Girlfriend

The world was ending. Sana's world was ending. Crumbling out from beneath her. Dropping off into an endlessly deep ocean; out of control.

The whole entire university was calling her a slut. She couldn't take a step through the halls without hearing the whispers of the people she passed. Couldn't walk anywhere without blatant stares.

Her netball team were acting like she was an abusive dictator. Like anything she asked must be done or she would hurt them in some way. Yeri hadn't looked her in the eye for what seemed like years and she couldn't tell if it was because she was embarrassed of her or guilty for what she had said a few weeks ago. It didn't really matter either way.

Jihyo wasn't really talking to her anymore either. It hurt to see her during netball practices, acting professional and then her making excuses to leave whenever they bumped into each other anywhere else. She never thought that Jihyo... of all people... of all her friends would believe any of the rumours going around about her. Obviously, she was just as easily phased.

Jeongyeon and her had never been particularly close and Chaeyoung had always avoided her like the plague, but even they were seen less and less as the days went by and the rumours began to twist.

Momo... whenever Sana thought about Momo, she wanted to cry. So, she didn't let herself think about her anymore.

Instead she filled the empty place in her mind and heart with her hatred for the person who started it all.

Chou Tzuyu.

Sana didn't really have a specific reason for bullying Tzuyu. Tzuyu had done nothing to her (until a few weeks ago... but she guessed she deserved it after everything). Maybe it's because she appeared at university at around the same time, she and Momo had started... fucking (it hadn't been more than fucking. Had it?). A beautiful foreign princess.

Sana would be lying if she had said she wasn't blown away by Tzuyu's beauty. And maybe she had been so in love with Momo and so afraid of losing her. And maybe Momo had complimented Tzuyu and told her she was pretty (as anyone would have, because she was, and is, very beautiful). And maybe Tzuyu decided that any little thing that took Momo's attention away from her was bad.

So, she tried to fuck Momo better and ruin Tzuyu's life, because Momo had only just become hers and she wasn't about to lose her. She picked on Tzuyu's accent, she poked fun at what she wore, she occasionally defaced her textbooks she tried her hardest to tell Tzuyu to STAY AWAY.

And of course, though all this, Tzuyu was nothing but an angel. Ignoring Sana's antics, continuing on like it was nothing. It frustrated Sana to the ends of the earth. How could someone be so calm and collected when someone was analysing them from head to toe, pointing out every small insecurity and imperfection? Sana had admired Tzuyu from the start.

Now that everything was going to shit, Sana had once again tried to stir the pot with the girl. Sana hated herself for it, but she told herself she hated Tzuyu.

She used that stupid rumour against her. The one that said she was dating Professor Im. It was ridiculous and that is exactly why Sana chose to run with it. She had hoped to make Tzuyu cry. To watch someone else fall apart instead of herself. To watch someone else cry and deny and cringe away instead of herself.

"If anyone's bribing for something it's you, Sana."

A simple sentence from Tzuyu was all it took for her to break. It was true. Sana had spent every day of her life since the day she had seen Momo bribing and gambling her way into her arms. But of course, she had lost much more than she gained.

It was easier just to blame everything on Tzuyu. So that's exactly what she did.

So, when she saw Tzuyu on her way to her Psych lecture, she lost it. Tzuyu was with Momo. Talking like nothing in the world was wrong. Sana could change that with a single snap of her fingers.