Chapter 3 Arguing

I woke up bleary-eyed in a lab room. People walked around me; everything was blurry and indistinct. My neck felt like a wasp was repeatedly stinging it. A man put his face in front of me, a little too close. I did the natural thing: I head butted him in the nose. He staggered backward. People started yelling, all of a sudden another dart hit my neck. Why always darts? I thought drearily, then blacked out again.

The next time I woke up, I was out doors lying in a hammock. I sat up, groaning. I was sore all over.

"Shade!" Lilly bowled me out of the hammock with a flying tackle hug, James close behind her.

I gasped "Lily! James! You're alright?!"

James said "yeah, we're fine. What about you though?"

"I'm fine, but where's the weirdo with two heads?"

"Shhhhhhhh!" said Lilly, "there are cameras and microphones everywhere."

"What are you wearing?" I asked her. They were dressed in orange jumpsuits like prison outfits. I looked down. Correction all of us were.

"Oh these? Yeah. I asked them if they had pink or purple, but they just told me to shut up."

I grinned. It would be just like Lilly to ask for a flashier prison uniform. "Where is this place?"

"I heard the guards talking" said James, "apparently we're in Florida."

"Florida?! We went from Utah to Florida that fast?!?"

"Incase you havent noticed You've been out for five days. They told us you were fine, but Lilly and I were worried sick."

"Did they hurt you at all?"

"Naw" said Lilly, "just yelled at us a lot."

A guard walked up. "You're awake? Good, come with me and NO attitude."

They led me through a maze of corridors to a pair of big metal doors. They knocked.

"Come in." The door swung open. Inside, the two-headed man sat behind an expensive-looking, expansive oak desk. "Welcome. Come and have a seat."

I sat down.

"You've made this more difficult than it had to be, haven't you?"

"Shut your face you ass." I growled. "I should be the one asking the questions. Now, what do you want, why am I here, and what did you do to me while I was asleep?"

He sighed. "You might be the most difficult person I have ever had to deal with. But to answer your question, we took a few pints of blood to see if you had any health problems, and ran some of the normal doctor tests to check if you're body is healthy."

"Why, what do you care if I'm healthy or not?"

"I care because I don't want you in danger, you are the most successful experiment we have ever made so you are too valuable to lose. Now, you are testing my patience, and that is never a good thing. Show me what you can do."

"Why should I?"

"If you don't, I will be happy to make you cooperate ."

"You do that and I will show you the true meaning of pain." I purred. "No one messes with me less they have a death wish. Do your worst, I dare you. Try me."

He sneered. "You have bravery, but there is no way you can harm me."

"I'll show you what I can do to you, you jackass!" My voice was low almost a whisper but full of venom.

A moment of uncertainty passed over his face, just for a second. But I knew he was afraid of me he knew I could hurt him, badly; I could tell when people were scared of me, like a wolf can smell fear.

"You have no Idea what you're capable of," he snarled, "if you would just cooperate with me I could help you achieve your full potential!"

"You know nothing." I snarled back. "Now let me out of here if you value your life. You cant help me. You just want me to stay here and be a lab rat. Well forget it, I'm leaving, Now."

I thrust out my hands, and outside, a earthen giant the size of the Eiffel tower erupted out of the earth, grabbing the building.

"Now I'm going while big me outside tears this building to oblivion!"

I made the giant pull the building out of the ground, then I ran, pushing through the guards, who yelled while Cekoko was screaming "stop her!"

I jumped through the (now broken) glass window. The giant caught me, moving smoothly through the earth like a car over a road. I made the giant grab Lilly and James and we sped South, away from the burning building.