Chapter 5 Lilly Goes Overboard

When we finally got to Texas, the first thing Lilly saw was an advertisement for a boat ride to see a rare albino dolphin.

"Squeeeeeeeeee! It's pink! We have to go, I'm begging you!"

She gave me her world famous baby doll eyes, which I can never say no to. I sighed. "Fine Lilly, with your hair it'll think it's found a mate."

She squeezed me so tight I thought my bones would crack. Then she ran around in circles yelling yippee. James raised his eyebrows at me. I just shrugged and followed Lilly down the street towards the docks. When we got there, I paid for our tickets with my never-ending supply of money I can grow from the ground.

Once we got on, Lilly ran towards the bow of the ship. Just as I suspected, once the albino dolphin saw Lilly's hair it swam right up and started chattering with her. I heard her say "oh no, I'm not a dolphin. Oh thank you! I like my hair too! Sure, I'd love to swim with you!"

And just like that Lilly jumped off the ship. I ran to the bow.

"Lilly! Lilly are you ok?"

"Ya I'm fine!"

"Why are you talking to the dolphin?"

It chattered angrily. Lilly scolded it with "hey! Don't talk to Shade that way, and don't swear! It's bad manners. She was just asking a question!"

It squeaked.

"It's ok Meco, just don't do it again."

"Can you understand it Lilly?" asked James.

"Ya! Isn't it so great?! Come on, he says he wants to show us something!"

By now lots of tourists where staring down at Lilly in fascination, taking pictures and videos.

"Ok, we are attracting too much attention so we need to get out of here anyway."

We jumped overboard and grabbed on to the dolphin. We sped away from the ship with people oohing and awing behind us.

"Lilly!" I shouted, "ask Meco where he's taking us."

He chattered in response.

"He says he's taking us to see his master, he's wanted to speak to you forever, literally."

Meco chartered again.

"Now he says that his master can explain how you got your powers and who your parents where. Also, he can tell you what happened to you when you were a baby."

"If he can tell me all that then get me there as fast as you can.

Chapter 6

Explanations

We sped along for what seemed like hours. During the ride I had a lot of time to think, what's going to happen, what will he tell me? All these questions flooded my head swirling around like a tornado. By the time we arrived, it was fully dark outside. We were in the middle of nowhere. Meco chittered.

"He says we need to dive down. The palace is at the bottom."

"How are we supposed to get down there?" I asked, "we can't breathe in water."

He chittered again.

"He said he can make air bubbles around our heads."

"What about the pressure?" asked James.

"Meco said we don't need to worry; the palace isn't that far down. You need to put your head under water in order for him to make the air bubbles," Lilly responded.