Chapter 4 Mexico

The giant dropped us off in a lush green forest, we climbed off. It nelt bowed its head in my direction and sank back into the ground

"What the heck happened?" asked James his voice was squeaky

"Shade, that was totally amazing! How did you do that?" Lilly asked.

"I have no flippen idea. Let's set up camp and get some sleep" I replied.

James said "I'll take first watch."

"Thanks, I'll grow some dinner and a camping tent."

Lilly volunteered to gather firewood. I let her think she was being helpful, but I could have grown us some firewood myself, and much quicker, too. James chimed in, saying he brought a lighter, and also "I think we freaked out tons of people in florida. I saw almost everybody taking photos."

"I think we'll see ourselves in the papers by tomorrow." said Lilly.

"We'll deal with that tomorrow. Right now we need rest" I said, ending the conversation.

That night we slept without a sound, nothing bothered us. No dreams to disturb us. We must have been exhausted.

In the light of morning, we were faced with the trouble of figuring out what to do.

"I think..." I started, looking at the map I had grown out of the ground, "we should head towards Mexico. There, nobody will know us and we can at least get a break. But I doubt they'll stop chasing us. They want me and they won't give up until they find me. We need to make sure they can't recognise us; I'm planning on cutting my hair shorter and I can grow us all some new clothes."

"After Mexico then what? Where can we go?" asked Lilly.

"I don't know Lilly. I think we should plan what to do after we get to Mexico. We should try to learn Spanish along the way. I can grow us stuff so we can learn the language."

"And can we try all the desserts?"

"Yes, Lilly we can try all the desserts."

"Yay!"

I shook my head. Typical Lilly.

"Hey Shade?"

"Yes Lilly."

"How are we supposed to get there?"

I smiled. "What kind of car do you want?"

I grew a purple flying mercedes, purple because Lilly insisted. She squealed with excitement. 'Yay purple purple purple!"

James chided her "calm down Lilly, you're hyperventilating."

"No I'm not!" she huffed.

James snorted "you're impossible."

To which Lilly responded "why thank you!"

James said "that wasn't a compliment."

"Both of you knock it off. We have to get going!"

"Ok Shade," they said at the same time.

As we were flying over New York in our flying car, Lilly said "hey Shade, can we stop for breakfast? I'm starving."

"Sure, what sounds good?"

"I want Mcdonalds."

"Ya that sounds good," James agreed.

"Ok Mcdonalds food it is." Even though personally I thought Mcdonalds food tasted like barf.

We landed where nobody could see us. As we were walking down the road we saw a lot of street thugs. Some of them looked at us. But one venomous stare from me and they backed up quickly. One group walked up to me and the obvious leader said "We don't care who you are, but for the next few hours you're ours."

He smiled evilly.

James said, "idiot, you have no idea who you're messing with."

They told him to shut up, and grabbed me by my wrists. "Let go of me! I'm warning you!" I advised them through gritted teeth.

"OoooOooo I'm soooo scared," they mocked.

"I warned you," I snarled. " Say goodbye to your intestines boys."

I instantly made rose bushes grow out and entangled them in thorny tendrils making sure all the thorns jammed into their skin. They stared at me in horror. The leader let go of me and we continued on, leaving them screaming and rooted to the spot literally.

We went to Mcdonald's. I ordered a salad because it was the only slightly healthy thing on the menu, James ordered a burrito, and Lilly ordered a quesadilla. While we were chowing down on our brunch, we discussed what to do next.

"We've still got a while to go until we get to Mexico. I'm going to go to a hair salon to get my hair cut short."

Lilly asked "can I get my hair dyed glow in the dark pink?"

I raised my eyebrow at her. "You have a interesting fashion sense."

James said he was going to get his hair dyed blue. I rolled my eyes to the heavens. "You two are nuts, but at least nobody will recognize you."

"Hey Shade?"

"Yes Lilly?"

"Can you grow me a pet unicorn please."

"Lilly, you have the wildest imagination."

"But but but I would name it Lilly Jr. and it could poop rainbows and everything!"

"Oh my goodness Lilly, how do you come up with these things?"

"I don't know, I just say whatever comes in to my head. So, about the unicorn?" She was right back on track to getting that unicorn.

"Maybe another time, right now we have more serious matters to discus."

"Ok..."

James said "let's head over to the salon. We're running out of time."

I told Lilly she could dye her hair pink but not glow in the dark. I got my haircut so I would look like a gangster. With short hair in the back and in the front l had them cut it just above my ears. When I saw Lilly's hair the first thing that came out of my mouth was "good grief!"

She has dyed her hair bright neon pink. It was so bright it was like having a paint grenade thrown in to my eyes. James's hair was a flattering color of dark blue. He looked really nice. Afterward, we headed back to our car and continued on our way.