Chapter 4 Part 1:Off Our Property

"WHAT IS GOING ON?!" Daddy yelled as he, Otis, Maggie and I ran out to the other's campsite, to see Shane beating the life out of Ed.

"STOP!" I yelled as I tried to pull Shane off of Ed, but he ended up pushing me onto the grass.

Daddy pulled out his handgun from his back pocket and aimed it at Shane. Otis did the same but aimed it at Ed. They cocked it simultaneously. Carol screamed louder pulling Sophia tighter.

"He's beating his wife ! I figured if he wants someone to beat up on, let em beat me! " Shane yelled as he surrendered.

Ed was dead, or in a coma. Daddy and Otis quickly picked him up and ran inside, then tree him on the guest bed in the guest room. Daddy was a vet, so he knew medical things, and how to fix people...but Ed looked unfixable.

"OFF OUR PROPERTY!" Daddy ran out yelling to Shane. "I'LL DO WHAT I CAN, GET HIM ON HIS FEET, THEN ALL OF YOU, OFF MY PROPERTY!"

"Please! You don't understand, I did nothing!"Carol cried.
Daddy walked back up to the house, Otis and I followed, and Maggie walked off with Glenn.
"He looks like he'll be fine. His pulse and heart rate is average. Blood pressure is average too." Daddy said to Otis and I.
I looked out the window, and Maggie and Glenn went into the barn. Really? I thought.
I went off into my room and about an hour later Daddy came in.
"Ed's awake. He was just knocked out, nothing too major." Daddy said.
"Are you really gonna make them leave?" I asked.
"Well seeing how that Asian boy is stealin my daughter..." He chuckled. "No what do you think we should do?" He asked.
"I think we should have a meeting, and we lay down our property rules, and you and Otis offer to go to Atlanta with Shane." I smiled.
"Mhmk, but I would like you to come too." Daddy said.
I don't like to back down from a challenge but...