Chapter 4:Part 2

"Get your hands off me !" Ed snapped as Carol rubbed his arm. He had just waken up.
"I don't know what your problem is, but as far as your on my property, you will respect every person on it." Daddy snapped, then walked out and I followed.
We walked outside passing Maggie and Glenn flirting on the porch, to where Shane was, working on his vehicle.
"When are heading out to Atlanta?" Daddy asked.
"In the morning..at around eight thirty." Shane said. "Y'all wanna come?" He smiled.
"We figured you could use a few hands, so Otis, my daughter here,and Beth are comin. Is Glenn?" Daddy asked.
"Yeah he is. But you all comin, that's great!" Shane smiled wide.
For the rest of the night, I practiced with my handgun and knife. Daddy showed me how cock it, where to put it on my belt, and how to make sure that the safety is on.
"So how are you and Glenn?" I asked Maggie as the two of us sat down for breakfast. I was really nervous for the day, so I needed to talk to get it off my mind.
"Ummmm we're good..."Maggie smirked. "Okay..we're great! We have everything in common. He loves to read, I love to read! He's from Korea, I've been there!"
"Cool!" Korea really, you've been there that makes you guys alike..I thought. Maggie's being really stupid about this guy..
"Yeah!" She replied. we haven't been talking as often as we used to because she found Glenn.
There was a knock on the door. Must be Shane letting us know he's ready I thought as I jumped up to go get it. As I opened the door to Shane, Daddy and Otis came downstairs ready to go.
"You folks ready?" He asked as he led us outside.
"Oh, yes!" Otis replied.
"Ofcourse." Daddy replied.
"I guess." I mumbled. I wasn't ready, I felt somewhat safe being surrounded by grown men though.
We drove for about thirty minutes, until we could see the tip of all the buildings and got out the car. Shane said it was best to take the rest of Atlanta on foot, because if we got in any trouble we could lead the zombies away, and run back to the car. If we got in trouble and got in the car right away, we could get trapped, lead them to the farm, or worst.
We walked further and the smell of decaying bodies picked up stronger. We walked further and there stood a "herd."