Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen - Sparkling Tension

KARA

Saturday. In the morning, everyone gathered in the dining room and we ate breakfast together. There was this unspoken tension between Connor and Jacob as they sat on either sides of me.

I could sense Connor baring his canines at Jacob, and the same could be said for the other way around. I tried to ignore it and have a sort of decent conversation with the others, but it's pretty hard when I'm trying to make sure they don't rip each other's heads off.

When we finished, we put the dishes in the dishwasher and let it do the work. When I was ready to leave, Connor grabbed my hand and at the same time, Jacob grabbed my other one. They exposed their sharp teeth as they tried to take me with them.

I tried to calm them down, but their attention was focused on each other. When I couldn't take it anymore, I ripped my hands away from both of their grips.

What the hell? How did you do that?

Even I was shocked. I tried to back away and escape to our room when Jacob growled.

THIRD PERSON

Jacob's family stood with him as they growled. Connor growled back with a louder tone as his family stood by his side so the Alphas and Betas were face to face. Elisa stood in front of Kara to protect her from the commotion.

"You don't know her like I do," Connor growled.

"I should have a chance with her, Alpha."

They growled at each other.

"Connor, calm down," Hank tried to stop this fight.

He slowly breathed in and out before relaxing his posture. He stood up and turned around to Kara. Before he had a chance to get close, Jacob growled and lunged at him. He pushed him to the ground and Elisa pulled Kara to the side to avoid her from getting stuck in the crossfire. They fought, punching and kicking until both were bloody and close to shifting on anger.

"Stop it, both of you!"

They didn't pay attention to Kara's desperate calls for them to stop. They wouldn't until either one of them was dead. They were so close to shifting that their claws were already out, cutting and making the other bleed. Everyone tried to stop them from fighting but they were too into it, that she just couldn't take it.

So, she snapped.

"Stop!"

Her voice was so extreme that the ground shook and the windows rattled. Everyone stopped what they were doing, even the two boys stopped fighting. She covered her mouth in shock. Connor pushed Jacob off to stand on his feet and stared at his mate, their mate.

"Kara?"

Her breathing was erratic as she slowly took a few steps backwards to give her mates one more glance before bolting through the front door and ran through the forest.

KARA

"Run away, run away, run away..."

I was running as fast as my legs could take me.

Shift, Kara. Let me take over.

I did as I was told and shifted midair. The moment my paws hit the ground, Snow took off immediately.

'Head to the south border, Edward will be waiting for us there.'

Got it.

She ran through the forest, jumping over tall tree roots as she went. While she was running, I felt everyone trying to mind link me, telling me to go back. Connor and Jacob's connection were the strongest, but I cut off all lines. I can't think about them for now.