Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Thirty-Three - After Party Royalty

KARA

We continued dancing until we heard the emcee cleared his throat on the stage.

"Evening, graduates! It's time to announce the Graduation Prom King and Queen!"

Connor rubbed my arm soothingly and I kissed his cheek in return.

"The prom court has decided to elect six participants to vote on. The students are Tyler Brookes, Ashton Hopper, Connor Anderson, Mikali Philip, Jessica Edwards, and Kara Manfred."

We looked at each other.

Did they say our names? – Kara

They did. – Connor

...wut?

So that wasn't just my ear having problems.

Nope, most definitely not, honey.

I sighed. He looked at me in concern, "Why? You don't want to be Prom Queen?"

"No, it's not that," my voice trailed off quietly. He stared at me with a disbelieving look. I huffed, "Yes, it's that."

"You'll be fine, love," he kissed my forehead. I leaned into his warmth.

"Now, we've sent the link to vote for our Prom King and Queen to your phones. Vote now and we'll announce the final results in a few minutes."

Just then, all our phones dinged. We checked the link. Connor and I decided to play a tiny game. He voted for Jessica and I voted for Tyler since we couldn't vote ourselves. Soon, the minutes were over and the emcee talked again, "We have the results in this envelope right here. Now, for the Prom King, we have..."

"...Connor Anderson!"

I smiled and nudged him to go. He shot me a grin before walking up the stage and accepting the crown.

"And his Queen is..."

Drum roll.

"Kara Manfred!"

What?

I shook my head in disbelief.

Come on up, Kara. – Connor

Seriously? My feet were already moving when my mind wasn't even wrapped around the idea yet. Soon I was on the stage with my tiara on my head.

After party? – Connor

After party. – Kara

***

I regret every single thing I said about going to the after party of Graduation Prom. We were in a rich graduate's house. All of us have changed out of our formal attire and into comfortable clothes.

Connor wore a white tee and a flannel over it with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He also wore black jeans with a belt and a pair of black converse. I wore a loose black v neck with black jeans and a grey cardigan. I paired everything with a pair of light blue converse.

Most girls would be judging me right about now, but I ain't gonna wear high heels. Those are uncomfortable as heck.

We were just talking with some of our now former classmates by the bar when someone yelled 'spin the bottle'. I looked at Connor and he shook his head.

I smiled before turning back to our friends to talk when a certain someone walked to us with her stilettos so sharp and tall it could kill someone. She stopped in front of us and stared at Connor.

"Hey, Connor, wanna go dance with me? Or play spin the bottle?" Jessica said while stroking his arm. I tried my very hardest to stifle a laugh that was threatening to come out. Connor stood closer and threw his arm around my shoulder, "Nah, I'll pass. I've got my girl right here."

A tiny giggle escaped my lips and he kissed my hair. She stomped her feet like a little kid and stormed off, her heels clinking behind her. After she was out of earshot, we burst out laughing.

"Damn, that face was fucking priceless," he said in between laughs. I smacked his arm, "Language."

"It's fine," he patted my head playfully. He suddenly questioned, "Do you have makeup remover?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Borrow it?"

I fished out the makeup remover from my handbag and handed it to him. He stuck his hand in my bag and pulled out the cotton pads. He placed the two items in my hand and pulled me to a bathroom.

"Take off all those products on your face."

I looked at him suspiciously. He sighed, "I wanna look at the real you, not the one with makeup all over her face."

I raised an eyebrow before putting the things on the sink and handing him my bag. I stared at the mirror for a moment, debating on actually going through with this. I sighed before taking the remover, putting a little on the pad, and started removing my makeup.

One half of me was happy to take off the makeup. It was really suffocating. But the other half was a little hesitant since it looked so nice.

I still took it off anyway. After finishing, I threw the used pads in the bin, putting the remover in my bag that was on Connor's forearm and walking out with him following.

"I like this face more. Real, natural, beautiful, perfect," he lifted my chin and kissed my nose. I smiled, "Thanks. Can you help me untie my hair?"

He nodded and I turned around. I felt him untie my braid and separated it. He combed through my hair with his fingers and I felt him bringing it up to his nose and sniffing it. At that, I pulled my hair away and looked at him in shock, "Did you just sniff me?"

He rolled his eyes and pulled me in his arms, "What if I did? You smell amazing," I smacked his arm.

It's normal around us but not in a room filled with humans! – Kara

He laughed and kissed my forehead before nuzzling into my hair.

Bit of a filler chapter but the next will have a little more insight on Kara and her past. Guess what it is in the comments! Thank you for choosing to read NOBT. Please leave a vote and comment! It means a lot to me.

See you!

-Phantom