Chapter Fifty

A/N: Kind of a coincidence we hit 500 reads just before Ch 50.

Chapter Fifty - Alpha

THIRD PERSON

The Council were in the middle of a meeting when Gamma Benjamin came, "Alpha!"

Alpha Manfred turned to look at him, "Yes?"

"We've found the location. Chiang Mai, Thailand."

King Divinos shook his head, "How?"

"The Light Tooth pack, an ally of ours found the fortress and are now guarding the surroundings."

The Council looked at each other before looking at Alpha Manfred. She took a deep breath, "Let's go to Thailand."

***

Getting on the plane, she called the Alpha of the ally pack.

"Hello?"

"Alpha Silverberg, it's Alpha Manfred."

"Ah, called to talk about the fortress?"

"Yes, I was wondering if there's forests around it."

"There is. It's on a mountain actually. There's a hidden cliff on the side perfect for a hideout. How many are with you?"

"Around fifty for each species. If you're willing to lend some aid-"

"Of course I would. How about another fifty extra warriors?"

She smiled, "That would be great. But disclaimer, Alpha Silverberg, we don't know if this is the main base. We were decoyed in Switzerland."

"No worries. As long as we could help."

"Thank you again. I'll see you there."

"Your welcome, Alpha."

She hung up and smiled internally. Hopefully, this time, it's not just bait.

***

They got off the plane and met up with Alpha Silverberg. He shook Alpha Manfred's hand, "How are you feeling, Alpha Manfred?"

"Pretty fine, Alpha Silverberg."

They let go and he bowed respectfully at the rest of the Council, "Let me show you the hidden base."

They followed him into the forest.

***

After setting up the base, they constructed a plan and set to ambush tomorrow at dusk.

First, warriors from all species will stand around the fortress guarding so no one escapes. Demons go from behind, vampires go from the left, wizards go from the right, werewolves go from the front, dragons and fairies go all around, including the roof.

Second, when they enter, check all surroundings before proceeding to split up, minimum five in a group. When someone finds the victims, immediately report over the earpiece.

Third, if Francis or Christian comes along, do not kill them on sight. They needed to be brought back to face the Council and the whole supernatural world.

When the plan was set, they concluded the meeting and went into their tents to sleep.

***

"She's here, Anderson."

Jeremy mocked as he slapped Connor right in the face. Connor just sighed in defeat and was ready to die if they torture him anymore. Jeremy took a fistful of his hair and pulled his head up to meet his eyes, "I'll make sure she meets you in hell."

"Why...are you...doing this?" he spoke and coughed at the end. Jeremy smirked and brought their faces closer, "Because, after she became the Luna, she's all you're talking about. It's getting fucking annoying."

He harshly threw his head down and kicked his head.

"I so hope she still likes that messed up face of yours."

He laughed darkly before leaving the cell. Connor felt blood ooze out of his nose, trickle past his lips and down his chin, slowly dripping off. He hung his head low and stared at the floor, thinking how his mate's gonna get in here. He heard shuffling from behind and guessed it was from his two friends.

Edward was puking almost every hour. He would move himself to puke in the corner so he wouldn't have to rest so close to it. The rogues didn't bother to come in and clean it up, so it was just rotting there leaving a stench worse than the rogues.

But Jacob, he was traumatized and just wanted to be back in his mate's warmth. He spent constant nights with nightmares about the incidents, and was absolutely terrified. He was shivering in his own little safe haven of a corner, silently praying to his mate she'll be here soon.

They just wanted their mate back. She brought all sorts of light into their world and made them happy. She may work long hours, but she still tried her best to make time for them. When they had bad fights, she's the moderator that settled it.

They couldn't wait to be saved, as they didn't know how much more they could take before crawling through death's door.

***

Kara stood at the mountain cliff in her black outfit and cape flowing gracefully behind her. Her 'Luna' pin was in its place, locking the collar together around her neck. She stared out into the forest, taking in the beautiful view. Footsteps approached her and stopped beside.

"Luna, it's time," Hayden said and she nodded. Sighing, she said while staring at the pinkish sky, "Twilight."

He seemed taken aback by her sudden interest in the view, "I-I'm sorry, Luna?"

"It's twilight now. The time right before night, right after the sun has set. The sun rays still scatter in the sky, making it beautiful," she explained. He nodded and looked out to enjoy the view. She reached into her pocket to pull out an 'Alpha' pin.

The Elders had been so kind to make her one, as she's an Alpha, but she had never worn in. Connor was the one who wore it proudly, so she never really had a chance to feel what he feels.

Staring at the pin now, she gingerly ran her thumb across the clear glass that glistened under the remaining sunlight.

"They would've loved this view," she knew Hayden would think that she meant her mates, and she did, but she too included her brother.

Sniffling softly at the thought of Daniel, she switched the places of the two pins and held the 'Luna' pin in her hand. She quickly kept her composure for the mission and placed the pin in her pocket. Hayden's voice interrupted her mind again, "Luna, we should go."

Only she noticed that the sun was gone and was replaced with complete darkness. She stared at the night sky before turning around to leave for the others. Before leaving though, she turned slightly so Hayden had a side-view of her, "It's Alpha."

She walked away, leaving Hayden smiling proudly and said to himself, "Alpha indeed."

And he followed behind her.

Heh, Twilight. Thank you for choosing to read NOBT. Please leave a vote and comment! It means a lot to me.

See you!

-Phantom