Chapter One

*Hi guys first off Thank You so much for evening getting here. Most of the book will be in Aria's POV. The book cover isn't the very best so if you have an idea for it don't be scared to send it to me. STAY SAFE! And Happy Readings*

"Hi, are you guys the Matthews siblings?" A blonde woman asks. "Yes, who are you?" I asked as I took a sip of my milkshake. "Hi my name is Caroline Forbes, I am a friend of your mom." She said. My brother stopped dead in his tracks. "Sorry my mom doesn't have any friends." I said as I pushed the fries towards my two younger brothers. "Your mom was Susan Matthews, she was a werewolf." She said. I stood up. "What are your intentions with us?" I asked as I tried to compel her. "You can't compel a vampire especially when I am on vervain." She said. "Then I suggest you not make a werewolf mad. You know what could happen with a bite." I warned as I took out my wallet and paid. "Lets go." I said to my siblings. "Please I need to know what happened to your mom." she pleaded. "My mom is dead." I said. With that I left. "I know that much but I need to know how." She asked. "Follow me." I said. We all got into my car and drove to the park.

"Not too far." I said as I let them run wild. "My mom was murdered about 3 weeks ago. By someone who was with Greta Sienna little army " I said. "I am so sorry and how have you been surviving. You are a tough girl to track." She said with a chuckle. "Well  I have to protect myself and my brothers." I said as I stared at my brothers. "I have sold a few paintings here and there and have mostly compelled people along the way." I said. "Oh well. I wanted to talk to you about something. Well you see your mom would send me letters like clockworks and when she would miss a letter she would call me. But I didn't hear from her so I went to the last known location and your neighbors said she had died. In her letter she would always say that if anything where to happen to her to come find you guys and take you to the Salvatore Boarding School." She said as she handed me the letter. "Here I will give you a minute so you can read it. I am gonna go get to know your siblings." she said as she stood up. I unfolded the letter and saw that it was mum's writing.

Caroline,

Can't believe how fast time is passing by. It feels like it was just yesterday when we met. So this is my monthly check in. I am scared that they will come for me the way they came for Hayley. I tried to protect Aria as much as I can but it's hard when she is special. She triggered both her vampire side and werewolf side. Now more than ever I must protect my kids.

Remember if you don't hear from me please take my kids to the Salvatore Boarding School it's the only place where they will be safe. You are my last HOPE.

P.S when coming to find Aria drink vervain she is able to compel anybody.

Lots of Love SUS and Thank you so much Caroline.

I fold the letter back up and wipe my tears. "They are very polite, your mom did a good job." Caroline said as she broke me out of my thoughts. "Yes she did. Do you mind if I keep this letter?" I asked her. "Of course you can, I will give you the other ones too." She said with a smile. "Thank you." I said as I played with my bracelet. It was a bracelet with a Crest with the letter M. "So did your mom ever tell you about your father?" She asked. I shook my head as a no. "Your father was one of the earth's originals. His name was Klaus Mikaelson and the Crest you have on your bracelet is his family crest." She said. "Wait was? Like he died?" I asked. "Yes sadly he passed away." She said. I nod my head. "It was my mother's last wish for us to go to the boarding school so I will do that but Klaus was never in my life and that's how it will stay. I am just Aria Matthews, daughter of Susan Matthews." I said. "That is fine. I will tell Alaric about you guys and by the time you guys get there everything should be settled." She said. "Wait who is Alaric? And are you not coming with us?" I asked. "Alaric is the headmaster of the boarding school and the biological father of my twin daughters. Also sadly no I won't be able to go. I have to continue my search for more kids like you guys. But here is a cell phone with my number in it and here is some money it should be enough to get you guys to the boarding school." She said as she handed me a cellphone and an envelope. "When you get there make sure to report to alaric and he will help you from there. I wish you guys the best and if you need anything please do not hesitate to call at any time." she said. "Thank you so much. I will call you when we get there but first I will need the address." I said. "Oh yeah right here you go." She said as she handed me a paper. It is a 2 day drive from here. If you are tired please stop and rest there is money in there for motels." She said as she stood up. "Now please start heading there because the faster you get there the safer it would be for all three of yall." she said. I nodded my head and hugged her.

"Andrew and Aiden time to go." I yelled. They came running. "Please say bye to Ms. Caroline." I said. "Goodbye Ms. Caroline." They said in unison. "Wait Ms.Caroline I got this for you." Aiden the youngest said as he gave her a flower. "Thank you so much I will cherish this," She said. With that we said our goodbyes and got on the road.