chapter 5- problem

homophobic language warning!

After awhile, Percy and Grover left to go for a walk. That left you alone with her.
Oh no.
"Okay, look, Y/N." Annabeth had stated. You looked over at her and well...she looked...mean. Brows furrowed, her smile gone, replaced with a frown.
"I don't know what your problem is, and I don't care. But, just an F-Y-I, Percy isn't gay. He isn't a fag like you, 'kay? I see the way you look at him. And I can tell you like him. So, I'm going to stop this, right here, right now. So, listen to me. Me and Percy? Dating. Lovers. You and Percy. Friends. Nothing more. If I see you look at him like that one more time, I won't hesitate to beat your ass. Got it?"
Wow.
You were crying at this point. Due to her yelling, and homophobic language. You never expected her, or anyone to find out. You were scared, not scared she'd beat you up. No, you were terrified she was going to tell someone. Tell Grover.
God's forbid, tell Percy.
"Yes, I-I unders-stand."
She wore a victorious smile. One that either made you want to puke, or punch her in her face.
"Good."
After that, she walked away. You were full blown crying, sobbing. You wiped your tears, and went back to your cabin, and well, obviously started making flower crowns again. It calmed your nerves. You had told Percy why you made them so much, since he asked so nicely.
"Well, when I was living with my dad, my aunt actually showed me how to make them. I always gravitated towards nature, 'n stuff, y' know?"
"Yeah, I know. Is it like- I don't know how to pronounce it-shit-uh- thera-po-tīc?"
You laughed.
"Pfft-, you mean theraputic?" you corrected him, emphasizing the letters on the word Percy missed on his spelling test. But, you couldn't help but giggle in between saying it.
"Yeah- whatever. Some shit like that."
-----
At dinner that night, neither Percy nor Annabeth sat with you and Grover. So, this was the perfect opportunity to ask him a few questions.
"Hey, Grover."
He looked up at you, after shoving some spaghetti downhe replied
"Uh-yeah?"
"This is gonna sound really weird, but, are Percy and Annabeth dating?"
The question had caught him off guard for a second. Then he laughed, like you said the funniest joke in the world.
"Woo- okay..hold on..lemme'.. AHAHA. You think they're dating? JEEZ'. What kinda' crack you on? And where can I get it? Anyway, no they're not. Used to have a thing, didn't work out. Ya' follow? Or ya still high.?"
"Yes- I'm still following. It's just.." you looked over at Percy who, by the way, wasn't sittting next to her! YES!
"You like Percy and Annabeth said some shit to you?" Grover finshed for you.
"Uh--yeah.. wait, how do you-?"
Grover interrupted.
"I read people easily, son. Annabeth has done that shit to every gay guy or girl that comes here, even though they broke up three years ago."
"Three years?!"
"Yeah, she really needs to let it go. But, hey, I'm just tellin' you now, Percy swings both ways... if you know what I mean. Not so much on the guy part. But, if he finds the right one, then... definitely. And, judging by the way he's been talking about you, I think you're the right one."
"W-wait. He.. talks about me?"
"Yeah, all the fuckin' time. Like, how you eyes are such a vibrant (e/c) and how your voice is so sweet."
"Damn, well... thank you, Grover. It means lots."
"You're welcome, talk to him about it."
"Not yet but, definitely about the shit Annabeth said."
"Atta' boy."
637 words.