Chapter 4

Anna's POV

I'm still stressed about what happened on the Friday afternoon. He is so cold and rude. I expected a reasonable man I could put up with.

He is handsome, I can't lie, but he is old and rude. How can I live in the same house and share the same bed with him if we are never going to love each other? I mean is that actually possible?

I really want to see his daughter just because of how he spoke about her. She is obviously really precious to him. I have no escape from this, I know. So I will be the best mom to Sofia. She is innocent in all of this and only three years old. We can't hurt her in any way.

I decided to tell my friends about my marriage. I trust them and they will get mad at me if I kept a secret. We are now at our table since it's lunch so it's perfect time.

''Girls, I need to tell you something.'' They turned their head towards me in confusion.
''I'm getting married.'' I cringe as I said that. It feels so weird. Kelly spit her drink accidentally.

''You are getting what?'' Jennifer asked.
''Married.''
''Is it April's Fools Day or?''
''No, I'm actually getting married.''
''How? When? Why? To who?'' Milla said all in one breath.
''Well my parents arranged my marriage to an older man. I don't know his first name but his last name is Reed.''
''How much older? Fifty? Sixty?'' Kelly asked.
''No no. He is 35.''
''35? And his last name is Reed? Are you kidding me?''

''No. I only know that about him.''
Milla searched through her phone then she probably found when she put her phone in front of my face. I look at the picture to see the same man I have been talking about.

''That's him. How did you find him?''
I gasp.
''This is Edward Reed. Billionare of NYC. Don't you know him?''
''No.'' I shook my head.
'You are the fiancee of the billionare. Wow, you got lucky.'' Kelly said.

Where is there a luck? Money won't solve his rudness and anger issues. And there will be no luck in this loveless marriage. I just need to accept that and take care of Sofia.

We finished our lunch and I went with Jennifer to our next class. I was confused and surprised when I heard that. I actually didn't expect that but it doesn't matter now.

Edward's POV

''Daddy when are we going to meet mommy?'' Sofia whined tugging on my hand.
''Soon princess.''
''But you said that a week ago.''
''Sofia you need to know that mommy will come for sure but she wouldn't like her daughter to be impatient. Okay?''
She made pouted lips but nodded.
''Okay.''
''Do you want to go play now?'' I say trying to lighten her mood.
''Yes.'' She chirped and ran to the room.

I took my phone and dialled Anna's number. I was glad that she answered fast.

''Hello?''
''Hi Anna.''
''Hi.''
''I wanted to ask you when you are free?''
''Why?''
''Sofia wants to meet you.''
''Oh really?'' She sounded happy about it.
''Yes. I wanted to introduce you to her. So if you have time-'' I was cut off.
''Yeah, sure. Is Thursday okay?''
''Yeah perfect.''
''Great.''
''Thank you Anna. See you in two days.''
''Bye.''

She hung down and I put my phone on a table. I'm surprised that she was chill about meeting her. Sofia is like magnet for people and maybe for Anna also.

Anna is actually really pretty and I'm really glad that I chose her. She also seem that she will take good care of Sofia which I'll be happy to see. Sofia just wants a mother and mother's love.

I know I'm not good enough to take a roll of a mother but I really put a great effort in these past three years. My daughter is worth everything on this world and I wouldn't trade a world for her. She is small bundle of joy in my life.

She is the one that can make me smile easily and melt right when I see her. I feel like a little child around her and that brings memories. She is my everything. I just hope Anna will like her.