Chapter 14

Edward's POV

I woke up at the sight of my gorgeous wife. We are married for three weeks now and I love every morning with her. She looks so precious when sleeping.

Her hair fell on her face and tickled ber cute nose. She scrunched her face and snuggled more into my chest. I just caressed her hair and admired her.

There are times when I just want to throw her on the bed and make love to her to show her how much she means to me. I know that she is innocent but these little crop tops she is wearing are not helping my situation.

I know that she doesn't love me but maybe she feels obligated to be good to me. I never thought that I, Edward Reed, will fall in love with this little innocent baby in front of me.

I chuckled at my thoughts and slowly got up from the bed. I needed to get ready for work so I quickly went to take a shower then got dressed. After I finished, I saw Anna still sleeping so I carefully got out of the room.

I saw Sofia walking to our room.
''Sofi, did you wake up already?''
''I did daddy. I wanted to go to mommy.''
''Okay, but mommy is still sleeping so be careful.''
''Okay.'' I kissed her forehead and left downstairs.
I drove off to my office and luckily there wasn't any traffic.

Anna's POV

I opened my eyes and first thing or better a person that I saw was my little daughter staring at me. I smiled and turned on my back. I noticed that Edi already left to work.

''Good morning baby.''
''Morning mommy. Did you sleep well?''
''I did. And you?''
''Me too.'' She kissed my cheek.
''Let's go clean up.'' I say as I got up from the bed and she jumped in my arms.

I went in the bathroom and did my morning routine. I got dressed in blue crop top and some loose beige sweatpants. I took Sofia in her room and washed her then dressed her in elastic shorts and pink T-shirt.

We took her from the kindergarten this week so she can spend time with us. I made a deal with girls to come in cafe to hang out. They didn't have a problem with me bringing Sofia, in fact they were happy that they will get to see her.

''Do you know who are we going to meet today?'' I asked her as I was placing her in her chair.
''No mommy. Who?''
''Auntie Kelly, auntie Jennifer and auntie Milla.''
''Really? Yayy.'' She giggled.

I took the ingrediants to make oats with banana. Sofia really started liking that and has been requesting me to make it. I actually love oats and I always eat them in the morning.

After we ate, I cleaned the dishes and took her out from the chair. I picked up my purse and put her shoes on then slipped in my own. I got out from the house and secured her in her seat.

I was driving to the location where we are supposed to meet at. I arrived in front of the cafe and parked on the empty spot. I got inside the cafe with Sofia and took a notice of the girls at the table.

''Hello everyone.'' I say cheerfully.
''We missed you Anna Banana.'' Kelly said as she hugged me.
''Hello to you too Sofia.'' Milla said as she pinched her cheek.
''Hi.'' She smiled and waved them.
''How are you Sofia?'' Jen asked her.
''I'm good.''
''How come you are so cute!'' Kelly squealed. Sofia giggled as her cheeks got rosy.

Waitress came to our table to take our orders. I ordered orange juice for Sofia and vanilla cappuccino for me. I gave Sofia my phone to entertain her while I'm talking with girls.

''So how is married life?''
''The same as when I wasn't married. I take care of Sofia when she comes home from kindergarten and Edward is at work for most of the day. That's it.''
''So no activities going on?'' Kelly asked hinting on something.

''No. He doesn't look at me on that way.''
''He just looks at you like you are piece of meat ready to be devoured.'' Kelly said ironically.
''No he doesn't.'' I roll my eyes.
''Are you that oblivious? That man likes you. You can see that from the airplane.'' Jennifer said.
''And what if he does? Like he cares anyway.''

We were talking for awhile when I saw the person coming closer. And it's no other than that whore.

''Oh well, who do we have here?''
''Get lost.'' I warn her and wrap my arm around Sofia.
''Is that my little daughter?'' She says in her screeched voice. Sofia looked up and scuried closer to me.
''No. That's my daughter and you don't have right to speak to us.''
''Mommy who is she?'' Sofia whispered in my ear.
''Nobody important baby.'' I smile.

''Maybe we should leave Anna?'' Kelly said and already got up.
''We should.'' I took out money from the purse and put it on a table.
''I will take my daughter from you bitch!'' She said. I got closer to her face.
''I dare you.'' I said as I took Sofia in my arms and brushed off past her.

Girls and I got out of the cafe where I took a deep breath to relax myself. How dare she threaten me with my daughter? Stupid whore.

''Mommy I'm scared.'' Sofia whimpered and her eyes welled up with tears. It's the first time I saw her on the edge of crying.
''No baby, you don't have a reason to be. Mommy is here okay?'' I caress her cheek. She wrapped her arms around my neck and nuzzled her head in it

Girls looked with pity at her. I'm also sorry for my little baby that she had to witness this.

''She will be okay.'' I say.
''Who is that woman?'' Milla asked.
''She gave birth to her but left her to Edward.'' I explain.
''What a bitch.''
''Who leaves their kid and runs away?'' Kelly said and shook her head in disbelief.
''Obviously her, but it's fine now.'' I say.
''Will you tell your husband about this?''
''I don't know. I don't want him to think that I couldn't protect her or something. He already has anger issues.''
''You know the best. Anyway are we leaving home?''
''I think I need to go with Sofia. But thank you for great time we had.''
''Sure, we'll meet up again.'' Kelly said.

We waved to each other as I opened the car door and put Sofia in her seat. She didn't have her usual smile but I know that she scared her. Nobody ever acted bad towards Sofia so she feels traumatized now.

I drove off home little frustrated about this. Why the best moment needs to be ruined by the worst people?

When we entered the house, I took Sofia upstairs after she told me that she wants to sleep. She jumped in her bed and I pulled the light blanket over her. I hummed her a song that made her fall asleep. She looks so fragile when sleeping.