Chapter 8

Anna's POV

I woke up with my head pounding from someone's jumping. I opened my eyes and saw Sofia jumping on our bed and laughing like crazy.

''Sofia, stop jumping.'' I warned her.
''Wake up, wake up!'' She said in sing sang voice.
''You better listen to your mother, young lady.'' Edward grumbled. Why is this sentence so familiar?

He put his arms under the pillow and laid on the stomach. Sofia stopped jumping and sat on his back.

''Let's leave daddy to sleep. Come here.'' I got up and she jumped in my arms.
I went in the bathroom and brushed my teeth and put my hair in the messy bun.

I went in the Sofia's bathroom and cleaned her up. I dressed her in pink onesie since we are going to have lazy day today.

Since Mary is not here, I went to make a breakfast. I put Sofia down and she ran off in the living room. I soon heard loud giggling and sound of cartoon.

I made bacon and eggs. And I mixed cupcakes and put it to bake. After an hour I was finished. I went in living room and picked Sofia up.

''Mommy you made a lot of food.'' She smiled as I sat her in her chair.
I cut her food in pieces and gave her a fork.

Edward came down in sports shorts and black T-shirt. He kissed my cheek which caught me on a surprise and I blushed a bit. He filled the cup with coffee and sat down to eat.

I was still confused about the kiss. He never done that except when that woman came. I actually never kissed a boy before.

''Mommy can we watch cartoons?'' Sofia asked when she finished.
''Yes.'' I nodded my head and picked up plates when we finished.
Edward took her in the living room while I stayed to wash the plates.

I finished and wiped the sink. I went in the living room and saw Sofia sitting on his lap while watching the cartoon. I ploped next to him and joined them.

He put his hand on my small thigh and rubbed his thumb on it. It sent shivers down my spin but I ignored it and leaned my head on his shoulder.

We were watching cartoons peacefully except when Sofia laughed on something. I actually liked this perfect little family even if I'm forced to be part of it. It seemed right or I just got used to it?

I remebered about kindergarten so I decided to ask him about it and if Sofia agrees. But this is really necessary if she wants to know other kids.

I pulled my head up and cleared my throat.
''Baby, can I ask you something?'' I ask her softly. She nodded and crawled on my lap.
''Do you want to go to the kindergarten?'' Her eyes sparkled and she smiled. She nodded her head.
''Are you sure? There will be a lot of other kids, you know?''
''I know but I want to go.''

I turned to look at Edward and he had disapproving look on his face.
''Okay. Will you bring your pencils and sketchbook so we can draw?'' She nodded and jumped off my lap and ran off in her room.

''What's wrong?'' I ask him.
''Why would she go to the kindergarten?'' He is angry.
''She can't be in the house all the time. She needs to socialize with the other kids.'' I explain.
''I know that but what if she gets hurt? We won't be there to help her.'' His eyes soften.
''There is always a possibilty of getting hurt but she will never learn the easy way.''

He sighed in agreement.
''You are right. Maybe it will be fine. I will check kindergartens tomorrow then.'' I wanted to say something but Sofia beat me into that.

She runned back here and wanted to climb on the couch.
''No drawing on the couch.'' I warned.
''Okay mommy.'' She gave me cheeky smile and put her stuff on the table in front.

Edward put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. I locked my arms around his torso and continued to watch cartoon that was playing on the TV.

Sofia was drawing while poking her tongue out. She is so cute when she does that. I scooted myself more into Edward as he caressed my hair gently.