Chapter 25

A/N: I made another horrible trailer to get some ideas. The video stinks and I still have writer's block. :( So this is gonna suck. 

Isabelle's POV

"I have no idea," Isabelle said. "They stopped calling me after Alec came back."

"But he did die? And you brought him back somehow?" Robert asked. 

"Yeah..." Isabelle answered.

 "How?"

"Uh..." She had to think of something. "He was bitten by a magical spider and was brought back to life..." She hoped that it was believable.

"Seriously, Isabelle? You expect me to believe that?"

"All the stories are true." She tried. It failed. 

"Not that one. Isabelle, I'm your father.I'm Alec's father. You have to tell me eventually."

She turned away. Desperately looking for something else to say to change the subject, her wish was granted when a scream came from the hallway. Isabelle stood up, her bracelet extending to a whip. Robert followed suit, grabbing a blade from a nearby rack. They ran into the hallway side by side, following the shouts until they reached the small training room near the end of the hall. 

She didn't know whether to be impressed or terrified at the scene before her. 

Jace and Clary both lay on the ground, eyes closed, covered in blood. And Alec stood in the center of a hoard of demons, spinning faster than Isabelle's eyes could track. All around him, demons were dissolving into fiery dust. 

"Oh, by the angel, what have you gotten yourselves into?" Robert mumbled, raising his blade. The room was in chaos, but all Isabelle could think about was how the heck was Alec doing that? Just this morning he could barely walk on his own. Now he was fighting like Izzy had never seen before. In fact, she hadn't seen anyone fight like that before. He didn't seem to be aware of anything but the demons. His eyes were slightly glazed over, and he was moving way faster than he should be able to, considering he was injured. He must have activated a rune, or possibly several. 

Isabelle shook herself from her thoughts and ran over to Clary and Jace. Jace had gotten up and ran over to Clary, who still lay on her back, her bright red hair spread across the hard wooden floor. 

"Clary!" Jace was shaking her. He had activated her iratze rune several times already, but it didn't seem to be working. 

"Isabelle, Jace!" Robert shouted over the sound of demons screeching. "We could use your help!"

He was right. They could deal with Clary later. Right now, they had demons to kill. 

Simon's POV

"Happy birthday!"

"Thanks, Maia. But it's not until next week."

"I know, but I'm going somewhere next week, so I figured we could celebrate now." She held out the cupcake she was holding. "Go on, blow out the candle."

Simon rolled his eyes, then blew out the candle. "There."

"Did you make a wish?"

He had made a wish. But he wasn't going to tell her what it was. "Yup." He smiled. "Now let's eat it."

"I'll pass," Maia said, placing the small cake in front of him on the table. "I got it from the downworlder bakery. It's made from blood."

"That explains the red color." 

He took a bite of the cupcake, and it was surprisingly good. And for once, he didn't have the urge to spit it out. That was nice. But it also didn't taste like blood. More like red velvet. 

"Wow." He said in amazement, his mouth full. 

"It's good?"

"Amazing." Simon took another bite. 

"I got you something." Maia smiled, and Simon looked up, wiping crumbs from his face. Maia placed a small wrapped box in front of him.

"You didn't have to do that, Maia."

"But I did. So open it!" 

Simon did as he was told, pulling the red and blue wrapping paper from the box. 

"Oh, no way!" Simon exclaimed, holding up the box. "This is a collectors item! Where did you get it? They are so rare!"

"It's just a Pokemon card..."

"Yeah, but it's a really rare Pokemon card! It's the Hidden Fates Shiny Charizard GX! They sold one of these cards at an auction not too long ago for ten thousand dollars!"

"Really? It's just a piece of paper."

"Oh, Maia. You just don't get it. It's not just a piece of paper. It is so much more."

"Okay then... well, I'm glad you like it."

Simon embraced her in a tight hug. "Thank you so much! Wait until I tell Jordan!"

"I'm sure he'll be excited as well."

Simon had never been so happy in his entire life. Well, maybe he had, but he couldn't think of anything right now. He was just freaking out. He couldn't believe this was real. 

"Well, I should get going. Luke wanted me to help him with something. See you later, Simon."

"Yeah, uh... okay. See you later."

Jonathan's POV

He watched the battle from above, like he always did. No one ever noticed him when he was sitting above their heads. He had to say, he was quite impressed. The Lightwood boy had been killing things non-stop for the past ten minutes, and he didn't even seem tired. In fact, it looked as if he got better with every demon that went up in flames. 

But he was also confused. The Seelie Queen had told him about his resurrection, and she had said he would be too weak to fight for at least a month afterward. Maybe her 'birds and bees' we unreliable after all. 

Jonathan watched with amusement as Jace was smacked across the face and then thrown across the room. For one of the best shadowhunters out there, he wasn't the smartest person in the universe. Sometimes he could be a bit reckless. And stupid. 

Clary was still laying on the floor. She hadn't moved since she was whacked on the head. For once, he didn't care. She never loved him anyway. It wouldn't be all too horrible if she died. 

And as for the warlock, he had people taking care of that. His mind transferred back to the hazel-eyes shadowhunter. He was a lot skinnier than the last time they had met. But his arms were still muscular, and he was stronger than most people. It was a shame that he would die soon. 

Hi. I have to go because we are throwing a surprise party for my mom's birthday and my grandparents just drove eight hours to get here and my mom will be home soon and I have to make dinner so byeee!!! Thanks for reading, I didn't read this over so sorry for any typos, I hope that video didn't make you cringe to death, and okay bye. 

                           -Lily