Chapter 31

Isabelle's POV

"Nothing." Jace sighed, dropping Alec's shirt on the ground. They had been trying to track them for hours, with no luck.

"We'll find them. We have too."

"How did this happen in the first place?" Caterina asked, placing Magnus's eyeliner on Alec's bed. 

Isabelle explained what had happened, and Caterina sighed. 

"We can track Alec with the Parabatai rune. We still have that rock. I can use it to find out where he is."

"Absolutely not!" Clary, Isabelle, and Cat all shouted in unison. 

"Remember what happened to Alec when he tried to use it to find you? He was this close to dying. And he would be dead right now if you hadn't made it there in time." Isabelle said.

"And we don't know where Alec is. If you went in too deep, he wouldn't be able to bring back the missing piece of your soul. We are not using the rune." Clary spoke firmly. 

Jace sighed. "It might be the only way! I don't care what happens to me, okay? I am nothing without him! He's my Parabatai! I'm not letting him die again." Isabelle was surprised to see tears in the blond's eyes. 

The room was dead silent, besides the sound of the rain pounding on the window. 

It had started raining quite a while ago, and Isabelle really hoped Alec and Magnus weren't caught up in the storm. 

A portal appeared in the room, and Lorenzo Rey, High Warlock of Idiots, stepped through. 

"So what, you got him killed now? I'm going to lose more warlocks in this than you shadowhunters are worth. Not that I mind, Magnus wasn't my favorite person ever."

"What?"

"What are you talking about?"

Lorenzo gave them a fake frown. "Oh, you didn't know? I can't feel Magnus's magic anymore. He's dead."

Alec's POV

It didn't take them long to figure out they were stranded on some island. Alec had lost his stele somewhere in the waves, and now Magnus was trying to use his magic to make them some food. 

"It's not working." Magnus frowned. 

"What's not?"

"My magic. It's not working. I can't reach it."

"Oh," Alec mumbled. "Well, we can always catch a fish or something to eat."

Magnus looked up at him. "Do you know how to fish?"

"Well, I've never done it before," Alec admitted. "But how hard could it be?"

Apparently, very hard. They had tied a piece of string from Alec's ripped t-shirt to a stick, and had put a minnow they had found in a tide pool on the end of it. Eventually, they gave up. 

Alec had his bow and quiver, but all of the arrows had fallen into the ocean. He felt uneasy sitting out on the sand without any weapons. The night was cold, the moon was just a sliver in a vast canvas of stars. 

"It sure is beautiful out," Magnus smiled, scooting closer to Alec. He laid his head on Alec's shoulder. 

"Yeah," Alec sighed. "It sure is." He wrapped his arm around the warlock, pulling him in as close as possible. He looked at Magnus. The stars reflected in his amazing brown orbs, making Alec smile. There was no one in the whole entire universe more beautiful than Magnus.

"You know, I really am the luckiest guy alive," Magnus whispered. 

"How so?"

"Well, I have you as my boyfriend. It can't get any better than that, can it?"

Alec chuckled. "I don't really think that makes up for everything." Alec still felt bad about everything. He knew how much pain Magnus had been in after he had died. He even had a white hair from worrying so much. Of course, he had dyed it the second Alec told him about it, but they both knew it was there, even if nobody else did. 

Magnus didn't answer him, and when Alec looked at the warlock, he saw that he had fallen asleep. Alec smiled, leaning against the log they had found. 

It didn't take him long to fall asleep, Magnus's head resting on his chest, the sound of the ocean waves filling his ears. 

...

"Alexander, please, no," Magnus mumbled. 

Alec opened his eyes to find Magnus, still laying on his chest, with his eyes clenched shut tightly, mumbling his name over and over again, begging to someone to stop. 

"Please, I'll do anything," Magnus said. 

"Hey, Magnus, it's okay, wake up." He shook the warlock, trying to wake him up. 

Magnus only squeezed his eyes shut tighter. His hands were clenched into a tight fist, his nails cutting into the skin of his palm, causing them to bleed.

"Don't hurt him," 

"Magnus, wake up." He started to shake him a little harder, desperately trying to wake him. 

After about five minutes, Alec stood up, running to the edge of the water. He cupped his hands, letting the water fill them. He ran back to Magnus, splashing the water on his face.

The warlock gasped, sitting upright quickly. He had tears in his eyes. 

"Alexander!" He yelled. 

"I'm here, I'm here," Alec said, wrapping his arms around the shorter boy. "It's okay Magnus, it was just a dream. You're okay."

Alec hugged him until Magnus's breathing slowed. "It's okay," He whispered again, running his fingers through Magnus's hair. 

Slowly, Magnus pulled away from him. "I'm sorry, Alexander, I..."

Alec shushed him, putting his finger to his mouth. "It's okay. You want to talk about it?"

Magnus shook his head, and Alec sighed. He hated seeing Magnus like this. He knew it was his fault Magnus had even had a nightmare in the first place. 

"I'm sorry," He whispered, causing Magnus to look at him questioningly. 

"For what?"

"For everything."

Magnus let out a long breath. "Alexander, none of this is your fault. You have to know that. This is all because of Jonathan."

Alec didn't say anything. He was just glad he had Magnus here, with him. In the end, that was all he needed. 

Well, that, and water. His throat hurt like crazy, his mouth was so dry he couldn't even remember what it was like when it wasn't. 

If they wanted to survive, they had to get off of this island. And fast. 

Hola mi amigos!!! Thank y'all so much for 1.1K views! That's pretty darn awesome. And we're almost at 150 votes too! So wow. Also, on a scale of one to ten, how cheesy was that chapter? I feel like it was pretty cheesy. Okay, well, I have to go, I'm super busy, thank y'all for reading, love y'all, bye. And sorry for any typos again.