Chapter 63

This chapter contains cursing. I've been told you're supposed to give a warning before that, so yeah. 

Simon's POV

Simon panicked. 

He couldn't fight. He sped over to Alec, who lay in a puddle of his own blood on the floor. 

Not knowing what to do, he slapped him in the face. "Alec. Alec, come on. Now is not a good time to die." Simon tried. He wasn't fully unconscious, at least. Simon knew that much. But he was rapidly heading in that direction. "Alec."

Alec groaned. 

"Hey, pay attention to me. Don't... uh... don't close your eyes. Stay awake." He paused, thinking of what to do. He figured his best bet was getting someone who knew what to do, like Isabelle or Jace. The only problem with that was the dozens of bad-guys surrounding them. He couldn't leave Alec here alone. Not like this, at least. 

Simon sighed. He had to put on a loud dramatic show if he wanted his plan to work. 

"Alec," He whispered. "I need you to play along."

Simon took a deep breath, forcing tears into his eyes. 

Simon grabbed Alec's bloody hand.Now this, this was going to be very uncomfortable for both of them. 

"Don't you dare leave me." Simon said, purposefully choking on his own words. "Not now, okay Alexander?" 

"What the hell are you doing, vampire?" Alec mumbled weakly. 

"Pretend to give up. And, uh... Pretend that you love me."

"What?" 

"Just do it."

Alec sighed before putting on a very pained expression. "Th-they came out of nowhere." Alec was a much better actor than Simon would have thought. "I didn't have time to react."

"It's okay, we can... we can fix you. You're going to be fine, I promise."

The enemy soldiers were watching with interest. 

"It... It hurts. It hurts so fucking much." 

This time Simon wasn't sure if he was acting or not. 

"Now you have to die, okay? Not really, but pretend you did. I have a plan." He whispered. 

Alec nodded slowly. "That... that shouldn't be hard."

After Alec went limp in his arms, Simon put on the biggest drama scene he had ever done in his whole entire life. 

"No, no, no," He muttered loudly through his fake tears. "Please, don't leave me, okay? Don't leave me." 

He cried as loudly as possible, hopping to draw attention to them. He needed someone's help, and he figured if the shadowhunters saw a big group of downworlders and heard Simon crying and screaming, they would come help. Hopefully. 

It felt like forever before his plan actually worked. Fighting broke out all around them as the shadowhunters discovered the distracted group, taking them by surprise. Simon caught Isabelle and Clary running towards him. 

"Thank the Angel," Simon muttered. "It took you long enough. Alec, you don't have to pretend anymore."

Alec opened his eyes weakly. "Oh good," He muttered. "I was starting to think you were going to kiss me or something." He looked like he was going to pass out again. 

Isabelle rolled her eyes. "We are going to have to talk about this plan of yours later, Simon."

"Yeah, I figured."