Harry Potter/Wuthering Heights: Wuthering Time Turner

Entered into the Withering Heights crossover contest hosted by Fanfic. 

Posted on: 30th May 2018

"Why do you still have that thing, Hermione? I thought you gave it back to Professor McGonagall at the end of our third year?" Harry Potter asked Hermione one evening in the Gryffindor common room

The fire in front of them burned brightly in the dim light. Everyone had since gone to bed and that left the three close friends in front of the fireplace, sitting on the couch in front of it either doing homework for their N.E.W.T exam the next year. Ron was puzzling over some potions work given to them by Professor Slughorn, whilst Harry looked at his potions book with excessive interest, much to Hermione's constant annoyance.

Yet the question had caught her off-guard due to her persistent guard over the one object she had taken with her from the previous year. As Hermione twirled the golden object with an hour glass in the middle in her hand, without fully turning the device, she contemplated the harm of telling Harry the secret that she had kept with her for a short amount of time. No one knew she had it, at least.

Anyway, the question had now attracted the attention of Ron, who now looked at Hermione with curious interest. If Lavender discovered this, she would be incredibly jealous of the young witch, and would probably stop at nothing to make Hermione more uncomfortable than she already felt about Ron and Lavender being together.

"Well," Hermione stalled before taking a very deep breath and saying in a rush, "You see, in the department of mysteries last year when we destroyed those time turners. Well, this is the last surviving one and I took it. Technically, it fell into my pocket somehow. Anyway, now I have it. But under no circumstances have I used it!" Hermione's tone turned severe when she looked at Harry at the end, who was now staring at her with a spark in his eyes. This was a known bad sign to Hermione, as this meant that he was conjuring up some reckless plan, probably to do with his outrageous theories on Malfoy.

"Isn't that illegal?" Ron asked, somewhat tentatively, yet his face showed so much awe that Hermione was unsure whether to continue on with the subject. It was rather unnerving.

"Possibly. Both of you are possibly the only two who know of this, so don't go telling everyone, okay?" Hermione pointed her finger specifically in Ron's face, who nodded his agreement, almost falling back in his seat. Harry was the next to have Hermione's index finger pointed at him. Harry nodded, also, looking perplexed.

The three went back to what they were doing; Ron stressed over his potions essay, Harry examined his potions text book and Hermione fiddled anxiously with the time turner. That was until she accidentally flicked it to turning many more times than she expected. Noticing this, Ron and Harry grabbed hold of the time turner quickly in order to prevent it from turning, yet this was no good and their efforts were wasted as they were transported back in time.

This was somewhat different to the other times Hermione had used the time turner, though. This time the setting changed in a rushing kind of way, the scenery changing along with the time in a blur. When it felt like they had been moving for what felt like forever, the time turner suddenly stopped and the three were in a moor surrounded by a lot of greenery and hills. A bramble lay near the small moor river running along through the valley. They took in the grey, rainy day with interest, but caution, when suddenly Ron moved away from the three and in the bramble bush threw up.