2. New beginnings

QUANTICO, VIRGINIA

I arrive at the Quantico base to start my training. Although I am excited to finally follow my own path, I am worried about my past being an issue here, particularly because some of the skills that I have are not part of your typical federal training programme. I am also worried about how the people here will see me, you know me being an ex-member of a crime syndicate.

When my fellow recruits and I arrived at the base, we were already put into groups and assigned a trainer.

"Hey sista!," I turn to find a bubbly, blonde haired, Asian girl standing in front of me, "I'm Johanna Lee"

I accept her outstretched hand, "Yasmin Lang," I smile back at her.

"Us Asians gotta stick together huh?" She nods her head at me. I smile back at her a little confused as to what made her say that. Johanna sees that my eyebrows have twisted in confusion and explains, "We aren't going to get the same opportunities as some of the others here, we're seen as less trustworthy because people automatically think we're involved in some East Asian gang and that we were born with Karate skills" Johanna scoffs, "I mean this isn't Karate Kid am I right?" She sits down in her seat laughing and gestures for me to sit next to her. If only she knew how accurate that stereotype was when it came to my story.

"Alright recruits," An older man, probably in his 50s, announces as walked through the door and stood at the front, "I'm Senior Special Agent Ryan Anderson, currently I run the FBI office in LA and as of right now I will be your team leader. Anything I say you will do, anything I ask you will answer, anything issues you have then that's not my problem- I'm your team leader not your mama," We all laugh at Agent Anderson's last sentence.
"Will you be my daddy then?" I turn my head to where the voice came from, on the other side of the room there sat a black guy with a mischievous smile on his face. Not that this is important but I could see how toned the muscles in his arms were from where I sat.
"Definitely not that Mr. Ryker ," Agent Anderson quickly replied, clearly disgusted in the word 'Daddy'. Again, we all laughed that he understood what 'Ryker' meant.
"Okay, as you now know I am your team leader which means you people," he points at us "are the team and the first important step in being an efficient team is knowing who your fellow team members are. So, beginning with you Mr Ryker, state your name and where you're from then the person next to you will do the same, then the next and the next and so on" says Agent Anderson.

'Ryker' stands up "Maxwell John Ryker, Born and raised in Seattle Washington," Maxwell said with his right hand on his heart and then sat down. After him the chain of names commenced ,
"Andrew Hernandez, Denver"
"Jayden ,no I'm not the son of Will Smith, Smith, New York"
"Emily Rose Gallagher, San Diego"
"Logan Phillip Gallagher, also San Diego"
"Aisha Omar, Dearborn, Michigan"
"Johanna Bruce Lee- no one laugh or I will kill you" she looks around "Florida," she continues.
Ahhh crap I'm the last person. I take a deep breath then stand up, "Yasmin Lang, Hawaii,"
"Ooo an island girl," Maxwell perks up. I smirk at him and sit back down.

"Lang?" Agent Anderson says making me turn my attention back to him, "As in Lang Incorparated?"

I lean forward on the desk, tensing up, knowing where this was leading " Erm, Yeah" I say in a quiet voice.

"Right, listen, I don't want you bringing your business problems here, understood?" He says, well orders me. I only nod my head in response.

"What? I doubt a bad month in business will be a threat here" Aisha comes to my defence. I appreciate it but really wish she didnt say that,

"The other business" Agent Anderson quickly replies. I swear if looks could kill I would be dead already because im pretty sure he just mentally shot me in the head.