18. Stalker alert

Yasmin's apartment complex, 1 pm

Anderson, Aisha, Maxwell and I arrived at my apartment complex to pick up some of my things. Maxwell, who was driving the car, parked in a space right in front of the building. As the four of us got out of the car, I scanned the area until my eyes landed on a vehicle that was parked a few feet away from us,

"I wish I drove a Ferrari, they're stunning," Aisha says as she looks in the same direction i was.

"Yeah, they're certainly... eye catching," I say, slowly turning around to face the building after i notice that the owner of the car wasn't inside it.

Anderson went with Maxwell to guard the back entrance of the complex and instructed Aisha to follow me up to my apartment. Stepping into the empty elevator after getting the spare set of keys from the lady at the reception desk, i press the button for the 3rd floor and lean my back against the mirrored wall, watching the doors as they close.

"How are you doing?" My best friend asks me as she faces the mirror to adjust her headscarf.

"Not too bad, the drugs are starting to wear off though," I reply, watching what she was doing.

"Oh no, i meant with the case," She turns to me

"Asshole," I chuckle at her and push myself off of the wall when the doors open again.

"What?! Do you expect me to believe that Yasmin Lang was going to admit how much pain she was actually in!," she laughs as she follows me out and stands in front of me.

"Please, I don't even know what that word means," I say to her, a smirk on my face

"Dude you literally just proved my point!-  just go, go and get your stuff!," Aisha gets fed up with me and steps to the side, urging me to carry on walking down the hall way, "oh and try not to get shot,"

"Har har," I squint my eyes at her as i move past, leaving her to keep a watch of the hallways.

After walking a few steps, i hear her shout "I love you!".

In response, I smile and flip my middle finger up at her as I carry on further down the hallway. It wasnt long until I reached the door to my apartment. Pulling the spare set of keys out of my pocket, I place the one for the front door into the keyhole and turn it. However, the key doesn't turn- the door is already unlocked. I place my hand on the door handle and slowly push the door open. Stepping into my apartment (which looks like a hurricane ripped through it by the way) I let the door close behind me and stay silent for a few moments, listening out for any movement caused by the intruder.

"You can come out, I'm not going to hurt you!" I call out after it got a little too quite for my liking.

I still stood by the door as I continued to wait for any sign of where the person could be hiding. The sound of a footstep makes me turn my head towards my bedroom, a Latinx looking man slowly walks out into the living room area, his eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights. Not being able to give him the death stare any longer, i burst out laughing, breaking the intense eye contact we had.

"Your face!" I chuckle as I walk over to the table by the door. Slightly bending my knees, I reach my hand under it and feel around until my hand touches the familiar handle of a dagger. I pull it out and stand upright again, the sunlight gleaming onto the edges of the sharp metal. Taking a glance at the man who stood a few feet away from me, I couldn't help but smile in amusement; for a second his hands close into fists, ready to fight me off but he eases when he watches me tuck the dagger away into by boot. And yes by now you should realise that my boot is basically my version of having a purse or handbag.

After securing the deathly piece of metal, I look back up at the man, "So are you going to tell me who you are and why you went all 'Tasmanian devil' in my home?"

"Erm, your house was like this when I came in...and I'm a serviceman, I came to do a routine check on the gas pipes," he says, the fear that was on his face now replaced with a smile

"Hmph, I know Hawaii's economy is doing good but I didn't realise it was good enough for a serviceman to own a Ferrari," I say as I take a step towards him.

The man crosses his arms on his chest and sighs, "Thomas Magnum, I'm a private investigator,"

"Ah a private eye?...still not buying it,"  my eyes slightly squint at him.

"I prefer private investigator and I'm telling the truth, I'm just borrowing the car from a friend," he corrected

"Okay then, what's a PI doing in my home, who hired you?" I ask, still sceptical about who he was.

"I was hired by my client to locate you," he says.

"And you did at the Palace, doesn't explain to me why you're in here," I say to him, still confused by his presence.

"Yeah, i did find you there but then i saw you were friendly with those Five-0 guys and i wanted to know who you actually were," Magnum explains

"Well theres an easier way to do that," I step towards him and extend my arm, "Yasmin Lang, FBI, I'm working a case with the Five-0,"

"Hang on FBI?" His eyebrows furrow together in question, "My client said that you were an employee of his and that you stole company information,"

"I stole something?- is your client by any chance named Ricki Tanaka?" i ask him, my eyebrows  raising to the top of my head.

"You know him?" he asks

"You dont?"

"I'm not that familiar with island yet,"

"Okay well, here's a piece of advice... make sure your clients aren't gang leaders before you take the job,"

"Gang leader?!" Magnum's voice gets slightly louder, shocked by the revelation of who he was working for.

"Yep, we're building a case against him using the information I 'stole'," I sigh and soften my voice, "Listen, I'm sorry he roped you into this but you need to get yourself off of the job," 

He stays silent in thought for a few moments before giving me a tight-lipped smile, "Of course," 

Realising that there was no need for him to be here anymore, he starts to walk towards the door. When he walks past me he turns around, 

"Wait, how do i know that youre telling the truth?"

"Oh erm, i dont have my badge but when you get to the elevator you'll see one of my fellow agents standing guard there- and 2 more at the back entrance of the building," I tell him, hoping that will make him believe me.

"I'll check that out," he nods at me and heads for the door again.

Just as he was about to go out into the hallway, i call his name, making him look at me once again,

"Another piece of advice, your job would be a whole lot easier if you werent driving around in a bright red car," I send him a friendly smile

"So i've been told," He returns the smile before disappearing behind the wall.

\\

Hello hello

I thought it would be fun for magnum to make a cameo since ive only just started watching the series ☺ 

On another note, this is about Peter Lenkov again. IM SO ANNOYED. I'm sorry if this is depressing but I had to rant. I read the Vanity Fair article today about him (Message me if you want to read it and I'll send you the link) and the stories about the people that worked with him is so heartbreaking. Like what a D*ck. What got me the most was how he made Lucas Till (He plays MacGyver in the show MacGyver) feel during his FIRST year, like right off the bat  😡🤬 UGGGHHH im glad he finally got fired. God damn

Lol rant over, I love you guys and see ya in the next chapter ❤❤❤