21. This is it

Five-0 HQ, 8 pm

"I can't believe you had breakfast without me," Aisha complains as she stands next to me, filling magazines with bullets.

"I tell you that my uncle tried to drug me and the only thing you got from that was how I 'abandoned' you," I look over at her after I put down the gun that I just loaded.

"Like not even by yourself- with fricking Ryan," She widens her eyes at me like this was the most scandalous betrayal in the history of betrayals.

"Ouch, didn't realise you guys were besties," Tani exaggerates the word, a smile on her face as she mocks me.

"Right? like damn next thing you know they're gonna get married," Aisha glances at Tani and then at me.

"Okay no, he's my dad's age," I shut them down before they went any further- well failing to anyway

"Nothing like a Daddy- nope sorry, I regretted it the moment it came out of my mouth," my best friend looks down at weapons that were laid out across the table, avoiding our eye contact as the rest of us burst out laughing.

"I mean besides his personality I would say he's daddy material," Maxwell says in between our laughs, causing me to roll my eyes up towards the ceiling

"Max you have terrible taste in men," Aisha points out

"No I don't," his voice goes a pitch higher as he defends himself

"Really?," I say with my arms crossed over my chest, looking at the tall-statured man that stood next to Tani, "what about the guy you dated that collected russian dolls?"

"Collected? you mean he had more than one of those creepy little things?!" Danny, who was putting on his tactical vest, joins our conversation

"Okay," Maxwell moves his hands in front of him, gesturing us to calm down, "it was only for a week- trust me, I've never ran out of another mans house that fast,"

Whilst we're all laughing, Junior shows up at the door, knocking on it to get our attention,

"Hey Aisha, you ready to go?" he says, as he leans on the doorframe

"Yup," she responds after drawing in a long breath

She turns around to walk to the table behind her and picks up the sniper case that she packed earlier,

"See you guys there," she says to us and starts walking to where Junior was, squeezing my shoulder as she passes behind me.

"Aisha," Maxwell calls out, making her turn around when she reached the door, "don't fall out of the crane now, we know how clumsy you can be,"

Any emotion that was on her face dissolved into a deadpan look. This look of hers was iconic and always made me smile no matter what the topic of conversation was or the situation we were in,

"Yeah thank you Max, that - that really helps my anxiety," she stares back into his mischievous eyes.

She then swivels on her heels and follows Junior out of the room, but not without revealing the faint smile that tugged at her lips.

And just like that, the elevated mood between us dampened. The only thing that was emitting light were the actual lights that hung onto the ceiling of the windowless room.

We were at HQ preparing ourselves for the ambush that would happen in a few hours. Steve and Anderson were with Lou and Adam, finalising the details of the plan with the SWAT teams. The rest of us were loading the assault rifles and pistols with bullets, as well as packing any extra gear that we would need.