Chapter 1: Man in Black

[Y/N] = Your Name
[F/N] = First Name
[L/N] = Last Name
[C/N] = Country Name

————————————————————

| [Y/N]'s PoV |

"Finally, time to go home." I said to myself after cleaning all the dirty tables. The cafe is now closed, all the other workers had went home, and I'm the only one who's left in the cafe, except from my strict boss.

I washed my hands, grabbed my bag and went straight to the door, not saying a single word to my boss after what just happened.

Working in a cafe was not bad, but I hated this job, yet I needed it. My parents would be disappointed if they found out I was jobless. I didn't have a choice either.

Speaking of my parents, we used to live at [C/N] and moved to South Korea at the age of 3. They have left and returned home a year ago, deciding I was old enough to live alone. I don't really mind it though. As an introvert, I have always loved to live alone, but I really miss them.

As I go out the cafe, the scent of coffee is slowly fades. I can see the sun is about to set. I take a look at the sky, light blue fading into orange, I can't help but smile at the beautiful view. Watching the sun about to set is enough to make your stress go away.

I instantly turn my gaze away to see someone standing on the other side of the road. I can see my gray-haired friend, Seon. Waiting for me patiently in his working uniform.

He's a hard worker, has a position as a waiter and works near the coffee shop. He would always walks me to my apartment after work, everyday. I have always see him as a big brother – he's been a gracious friend to me. Sometimes, I call him Seon-oppa to make fun of him. His always face scrunches up in disgust when he heard me call that.

I have never had a friend before, left alone as a lonely person, until I met Seon. My very first companion. I met him at highschool when I was 15, he was very popular back then for being a smart kid, and surprisingly kind enough to be friends with me. Seon has two sides; one, he's a hardworking, considerate guy, often helping others out of kindness. Two, he's quite hot-headed. He gets blunt at times, frequently acts rashly, even at small things. He got extremely mad at me once for I teasing him about a girl having a crush on him.

He's the only guy I felt close with, and the only guy I could ever trust.

... Then there's Rika, a bright and caring girl with curly blonde hair. She was a beauty, I remember that when I first laid eyes on her, I couldn't look away from her face. She reminds me of the goddess of beauty, Aphrodite herself.

Rika always visits my apartment, often asking me if I'm free to hang out with her. She seems to care deeply about me, often cheers me up whenever I feel sad. Even my parents like her. She's not like the other girls. She was my best-friend.

But not all friendships lasts happily.

...One day, she stops coming. While I started to get worried, confused that why she stops spending time with me. She never answers to my messages and calls. I can't visit her because I never knew where she lived. I haven't seen her in last two years. But I still consider her as my friend. It left me disquited without her presence for that long. I wonder how is she doing without me?

Seon and Rika. Those two are the only people who deeply understands me, the only people I felt connection with these days. I wish I could give them something more, something they deserve for being a true friend.